PDA

View Full Version : 5:1 APC to remove wax/sealants?

Striker
08-03-2020, 01:13 PM
I am doing a clean slate for LSPs on a truck with immaculate paint and only 10k miles on the odo.

We just picked it up on Friday and I’m not sure what the previous owner used but it has some wax on it and the trim is al greasy [emoji2961] so I want to remove all the crap he put on it.

It doesn’t need paint correction. I did a test panel with a 5:1 zep all purpose cleaner (no not the harsh purple kind) and it killed most of the water heading.

I want to put sonax polymer shield + p21s Carnauba.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rsurfer
08-03-2020, 04:03 PM
I am doing a clean slate for LSPs on a truck with immaculate paint and only 10k miles on the odo.

We just picked it up on Friday and I’m not sure what the previous owner used but it has some wax on it and the trim is al greasy [emoji2961] so I want to remove all the crap he put on it.

It doesn’t need paint correction. I did a test panel with a 5:1 zep all purpose cleaner (no not the harsh purple kind) and it killed most of the water heading.

I want to put sonax polymer shield + p21s Carnauba.

Go for it. I would do an IPA wipe down after your wash with Zep and before applying Sonax just to be sure that no residue is left from the Zep.

Striker
08-03-2020, 04:05 PM
I just did Zep and hosed her down really really well.

Applying the sonax as we speak. Fellas.....what a work out. There is nothing smooth about this product coming off.

Striker
08-03-2020, 04:07 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200803/cafb39c6fb594ecd0d54023ce09facf0.jpg

acuRAS82
08-03-2020, 05:28 PM
Applying the sonax as we speak. Fellas.....what a work out. There is nothing smooth about this product coming off.
Yes, the drawback of PNS. Worth it, but still a pain.

Striker
08-03-2020, 05:29 PM
Oh my god, I just finished. Taking a break [emoji29]

But that p21s.......butter.