PDA

View Full Version : Bauer Pad review...

wannafbody
07-11-2020, 03:37 PM
I picked up a couple of the Bauer pads at Harbor Freight since I had a couple pads that had the foam break down. The yellow is a polishing pad and it worked quite nicely. On a lighter colored vehicle with a finishing polish it would probably leave a nice enough finish.

The white pad is their finishing pad and it really seems very similar to the Lake Country white pad. I used it with Zaino ZPC fusion on navy blue metallic and it left a nice glossy shine. The pad is a little on the large side if you are using a 5 inch backing plate.

The last pad that I tried was the regular harbor freight black finishing pad. For a $7 pad it`s pretty darn good. The foam has some density to it and it leaves a glossy finish. I couldn`t tell a difference between the cheaper black pad and the more expensive Bauer white pad in regard to finish. The one thing I did notice and it may be the difference in cell structure is that the black pad seemed to leave some dust particles and the white pads seem to have a little bit longer working time. In the end the results are the same.

William_Wallace
07-11-2020, 10:58 PM
Thx for review