PDA

View Full Version : CQuartzUK3.0 + Gtechnique EXO?

jimmymoo
04-30-2020, 01:16 AM
Anyone have experience in this combo? Any problem? I initially applied CQ on my car. It’s been about a year and noticed the beading have drastically reduced. Interested to apply a topper and happen to have an extra EXO to use but not sure what the result would be since they’re different brand.

Thanks

The Guz
04-30-2020, 02:03 AM
Have you tried a decontamination wash to see if the coating is just covered in contaminants?

jimmymoo
04-30-2020, 10:39 AM
No not yet. Not`s my plan in the next wash and add iron remove as well. Figured after the next wash I wanted to add EXO.

If not EXO, would it be too late for Gliss (to keep in the same brand)?

The Guz
04-30-2020, 01:40 PM
I am sure it would work. Try it on one spot and see how it goes. You should be able to tell if it is going to bond well or be a bit splotchy.

I have been playing around with this clay bar from 22ple that is non-abrasive and it seems to be working out ok.

https://www.autopia.org/forums/detailing-product-reviews/188956-claying-coated-vehicle-22ple-ultra-soft-glass-coat-clay.html?highlight=22ple+clay

jimmymoo
04-30-2020, 10:10 PM
Thanks. I`ll add it to my arsenal next time.

dumb question, how to tell if it bonded well? Hydrophobic element of it? Or smoothness of it?

roscopervis
05-13-2020, 01:27 PM
First, do a proper decontamination wash and chemical decontamination with tar remover, fallout remover and a mild acidic waterspot remover. Then, check what the water behaviour is like. It should be a lot better.
I`m sure Exo will work on top of CQUK, and if you have some, try it out and let us know, though it would only make sense if you do it after the full chemical decontamination.

William_Wallace
05-14-2020, 11:25 AM
I’m in northeast so my coating get a lot of mineral stuff on them I do Iron x but I also us an acid like OptiMdr or a waterspot remover it does wonders. I have even used diluted megs wheel brightner. I have to deal with left over calcium and other salts and the acids clean by dissolving or breaking the junks bond to the paint.