PDA

View Full Version : Meguiar`s 205 AND DG 401

tul9033
04-23-2020, 09:02 PM
I have both products on hand. We had a hail storm yesterday and when I got home I toweled off my truck immediately. Looks like some road dirt and grime caused some scratches. Nothing major, but I was in a rush to inspect the hail damage.
Any benefit to going over the truck with a DA, Meguiar`s MF cutting pad, 205, and then following up with DG 401 as a final clean? Then a final polish? I`m going to be having some paintless dent repair done next week so I want to clean up any scratches left over. Don`t hear much discussion on Duragloss products anymore. I`ve got quite a few of their products on hand. Truck is a Ram 1500 in dark patriot blue.
Thanks!

The Guz
04-23-2020, 09:32 PM
Do you really need to go with an aggressive pad with M205? What I am getting at is start with a foam polishing pad and go from there.

Stokdgs
04-23-2020, 10:37 PM
tul9033 - Happy to meet you. Hope you and yours are all safe and well..

Did you paint correct your truck previously ? If you did, what did you do, what did you use ?

I have dealt with PDR people and their work on many, many, vehicles over the years..

I would recommend you get all the PDR work done to your satisfaction, before doing any paint clean up, etc...

Yes, the best ones are skilled enough to make the dents go away so well, you cannot even find where they -WERE -
But if someone accidentally rubs some spot the wrong way, etc., I would rather let them do the work first, then, I am in control of ALL that happens from that point on..

If I had your truck in my Shop for a Detail, this is the way I have done it many times...

Good luck with this !
Dan F

Accumulator
04-24-2020, 10:58 AM
tul9033 - Happy to meet you. Hope you and yours are all safe and well..I would recommend you get all the PDR work done to your satisfaction, before doing any paint clean up, etc...Good luck with this !

Exact same thoughts on all counts here.

tul9033
04-24-2020, 04:36 PM
Thanks guys! Yes, for sure the paint correction will be done after the PDR is totally complete. I just want to be ready. They are going to start PDR Wednesday. I have a PC and Lake Country pads. Back in the day I used 3M Perfect-It III glaze (still have some). I have Meg 205 and DG 401 on hand along with just about every color of LC 5.5" pads.
I have not done paint correction on this truck, it`s only 8 months old.
Thanks again!

tul9033 - Happy to meet you. Hope you and yours are all safe and well..

Did you paint correct your truck previously ? If you did, what did you do, what did you use ?

I have dealt with PDR people and their work on many, many, vehicles over the years..

I would recommend you get all the PDR work done to your satisfaction, before doing any paint clean up, etc...

Yes, the best ones are skilled enough to make the dents go away so well, you cannot even find where they -WERE -
But if someone accidentally rubs some spot the wrong way, etc., I would rather let them do the work first, then, I am in control of ALL that happens from that point on..

If I had your truck in my Shop for a Detail, this is the way I have done it many times...

Good luck with this !
Dan F