PDA

View Full Version : Toyota Interior

Street5927
04-07-2020, 07:17 PM
I had a new client bring in her Toyota Camry for an interior cleaning. Her concern was that she took it somewhere else, and the detailer left the seats very wet, which caused an odor inside the vehicle.

After a thorough vacuuming of the interior, I dry scrubbed the carpets and the seats. I then used hot steam to hopefully loosen the fibers in the carpet and the seats. A tanin stain remover was applied (noting that a conversation with the owner thinks the stains were from their child spilling food and drinks - the location of the child car seat in the rear). The carpets and seats were then scrubbed with a soft bristle on my DA. They were then extracted with a hot steam extractor. I then applied an enzyme cleaner to the seats and carpets to remove any remaining stains and odors. It was scrubbed in and allowed to dwell for about 10 minutes and was again hot steam extracted.

Overall, most stains came out, but I can`t help but think that the previous "detailer" used the wrong cleaner to try to eradicate the stains and actually set them into the fabric (and left them soaking wet, leaving an odor)

Sometimes, as many of us know, interiors are tough and not all stains will come out. Needless to say, she was very satisfied with the results!

Sizzle Chest
04-07-2020, 11:26 PM
Cleaned up well! Be careful with all that is going on nowadays!

Street5927
04-08-2020, 08:40 AM
Cleaned up well! Be careful with all that is going on nowadays! Thanks Scott...yes, I cover up completely with gloves, using an N95 dual filter respirator, and eye protection. When I am done, I throw everything right into the washer and take an immediate shower, so I am taking the necessary precautions.