PDA

View Full Version : Anyone try McKee`s new ceramic coating?

c5longhorn
04-05-2020, 08:07 PM
Post Thanks / Like
Anyone try McKee`s new ceramic coating?
I`m considering trying McKee`s new ceramic coating that retails for $79.99. I have the previous cheaper V2 coating and was wondering if anyone has experience with this new coating.

If so, what do you think? One thing I don`t care for is the shipping price, as ~$18.00 for shipping a small bottle seems high.

Thanks,

Rick

c5longhorn
04-11-2020, 04:55 PM
Surprised no one here has tried the new version. I guess because there are so many good ones on the market.

The Guz
04-11-2020, 05:30 PM
I have only seen a couple people in the mckee`s facebook group. Other than that no mention of it. All I know is that dropper crystallizes if left in the bottle after use.

I just remembered one of the guys I was on Competition Ready did a side by side using McKee`s and Cquartz Lite and Cquartz Lite seemed to be performing better from an overall perspective from the texts and photos he was sending.

c5longhorn
04-11-2020, 07:12 PM
Guz, thanks for the feedback, very much appreciated.

Sent from my SHT-W09 using Tapatalk

Dr Oldz
04-11-2020, 07:31 PM
CQ lite is no joke.

acuRAS82
04-11-2020, 07:49 PM
So Mckees new coating is more comparable to CQ lite than CQ 3.0 / something more substantial.

c5longhorn
04-11-2020, 09:20 PM
So Mckees new coating is more comparable to CQ lite than CQ 3.0 / something more substantial.

No, that is not where they are positioning it. They claim 3 years and that it now has more solids. I have their V2 and have been happy with it. I`ve had it on my cars about 2 years, but I admittedly am probably not as hard on a coating with my environment and routine.

The Guz
04-11-2020, 10:32 PM
CQ lite is no joke.

Yeah that is a true statement.

No. Just stating the comparison being made and how stout cquartz lite is based on the feedback from him. I am sure Nick has done his homework on it and will continue to improve it.