PDA

View Full Version : Coatings that are easy to apply outside and cure fast?

Qucksilverfl
12-22-2019, 10:26 AM
So live in South FL, new truck doesn`t fit in the garage. So thinking about down the line maybe summer taking it to one of the shops here that do full prep and coating but the truck would have to stay there for days and don`t have time for that right now.

Is there any products (coatings/coating lites) that can easily be applied outdoors (we have heat and humidity though a bit cooler right now). And that cures fast. I was thinking of Gyeon Cancoat which was recommended to me, but was also told still needs 24 hours to cure and inside (due to outside moisture, easily dew etc), but easy to apply. Or si02 sprays? As some I`m seeing said aren`t durable and some are.

Or should I just stick with a sealant and topper lol. Looking more for that hydrophobic effect, had friends have their cars ceramic costed and in our weather especially with rain, makes a big difference.

Looking to also do just a waterless/rinseless wash like every 2-4 weeks so any preferred recommendations on that end? As I`m reading some stuff can effect coatings, some stuff is neutral etc.

Used to be heavy into deatiling our cars and still have stuff from here and autogeek and elsewhere in the garage. Have to order new towels though and thinking of TRC Eagles

The Guz
12-22-2019, 02:37 PM
Look into the new Turtle Wax Hybrid solutions Line. They have an SiO2 spray coating that will suit your needs.

CanCoat will work but I have had issues with it not having the right beading as it was exposed to overnight dew.

Adams Spay Coating might work as well. Easy application. I have a review on it.

https://www.autopia.org/forums/detailing-product-reviews/191314-review-adams-uv-ceramic-paint-spray-coating.html

Qucksilverfl
12-22-2019, 03:34 PM
Look into the new Turtle Wax Hybrid solutions Line. They have an SiO2 spray coating that will suit your needs.

CanCoat will work but I have had issues with it not having the right beading as it was exposed to overnight dew.

Adams Spay Coating might work as well. Easy application. I have a review on it.

https://www.autopia.org/forums/detailing-product-reviews/191314-review-adams-uv-ceramic-paint-spray-coating.html

Yeah that`s my worry with South FL, will always have that moisture and dew with the humidity even when cooler out unless it`s really dry air.

Someone else recommended the new TW line so I`ll take a look. Is their si02 spray just a stand alone or more of a topper? Or do they also have one better suited as a base layer?

Thanks

The Guz
12-22-2019, 04:02 PM
It can be used as both. They have a polish and wax that can be used as a base as well.