PDA

View Full Version : Sealant vs Coating self-cleaning/look

testing02hwr
12-15-2019, 11:05 AM
Hey guys

Winter has been bumming me out and got me thinking of Spring cleaning. Debating on getting a coating lite or sealant product to use on the daily for next year but wanted to know if there was any real difference between their self-cleaning capabilities or visual look. Durability doesn`t really matter to me since I will probably want to play with other products after a few months anyway.

Thinking of trying CQ lite or the new Wowo`s sealant/121 wax that the Rag Company brought over from the EU (doesn`t look like anyone here or autogeek was interested so it might be fun playing with it and reporting back on the results).

TheMeanGreen
12-15-2019, 12:41 PM
Hey guys

Winter has been bumming me out and got me thinking of Spring cleaning. Debating on getting a coating lite or sealant product to use on the daily for next year but wanted to know if there was any real difference between their self-cleaning capabilities or visual look. Durability doesn`t really matter to me since I will probably want to play with other products after a few months anyway.

Thinking of trying CQ lite or the new Wowo`s sealant/121 wax that the Rag Company brought over from the EU (doesn`t look like anyone here or autogeek was interested so it might be fun playing with it and reporting back on the results).

CQ Lite will pretty much be a coating experience without the longevity, whereas the WOWO`s will be more forgiving and the application process like traditional sealant/wax. Since you`re not worried over longevity, WOWO`s is the way to go.

tom p.
12-15-2019, 01:19 PM
Or, one could try the recently released Turtle Wax "ceramic" product if one wanted to do a little (inexpensive) experimentation :)

William_Wallace
12-15-2019, 09:28 PM
Cquartz lite is amazing stuff I’m only using around 20-30ml per car and I’m being very generous on application it really is a great product. I put it on a bunch of cars right when it came out and I just detailed those same cars still there and in good condition on daily drivers that had it applied and the person may have washed the car once since I did it. The self cleaning was better than any sealant.

quebert
12-16-2019, 12:01 AM
I hope you do a write up on the wax I`m curious about it. Looks real cool, if it was 5 years ago I would have ordered it already. But I have too many products as it is so I`m "smart" now, or something along those lines. The Rag Company seems to carry only good stuff. So this might be a winner

testing02hwr
12-16-2019, 11:58 AM
Thanks for the suggestions.. Currently leaning towards a non-coating product for my daily since I plan to put something like UK 3.0 on the wife`s Accord so I don`t have to spend as much time cleaning or reapplying LSP.

I hope you do a write up on the wax I`m curious about it. Looks real cool, if it was 5 years ago I would have ordered it already. But I have too many products as it is so I`m "smart" now, or something along those lines. The Rag Company seems to carry only good stuff. So this might be a winner
Wowo has been around in the UK for quite a while now and there are reviews (albeit old) on Detailing World (Link Removed). Formula should be pretty similar still I think.

Pretty interesting how some people are still really into waxes over in the UK but everything is about spray sealants and coatings in the US.