PDA

View Full Version : Which one

Fishroes
11-10-2019, 06:12 PM
I have finished detailing my three vehicles
Power lock was used for the LSP
I want to see if I can get a little different look maybe more depth with a car Nuba
I watched pan the organizers video and he topped power lock with collinite insulator wax and spoke highly of it
I don’t have any insulator wax and not going to buy any but I do have collinite 476S and Nattys blue paste wax (both 10 or more years old, been kept inside the house and they don’t seem to be dried out)
I know some of you have used 476 as a topper but what about the Nattys
Really don’t hear much conversation about the Nattys anymore
Any opinions?

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191110/4cae5ec04ba65139b899da319407bfc4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GearHead_1
11-10-2019, 06:55 PM
Natty’s fan here.

Coatings=crack
11-11-2019, 12:18 AM
Carnauba .... wax..... what is this witchcraft you speak off? [emoji23]

Fishroes
11-11-2019, 06:55 AM
It might be witchcraft after reading this and the other thread that ronkh put up
https://www.autopia.org/forums/poorboy-s-world-forum/184426-nattys-liquid-paste-layering-advice.html?highlight=Nattys+pasts+wax

Street5927
11-11-2019, 07:54 AM
One of my favorite go to`s from time to time is Autoglym Extra Gloss Protection. It doesn`t get allot of attention, but I actually happen to like it. Just some food for thought.

I do have Insulator Wax in my arsenal. Protection wise, it`s ok... I`m just not a huge fan on of it.

Accumulator
11-11-2019, 12:53 PM
Fishroes- It wasn`t in the running, but since you mentioned 845...that isn`t even *CLOSE* to a wax I`d choose for "depth"/etc. It`s so far from that kind of look that I`m astounded anybody would suggest it!

No experience with the Natty`s, but I`ve used the 476S for this, to specifically "tone down" the look of a b/c paint so it looked more like the single-stage that should`ve been on that car. And I`d sure expect a wax kept in climate-controlled conditions to stay good for a lot longer than a decade, can`t imagine using up a tin that fast.

Mary B
11-11-2019, 05:11 PM
Yep.. Used Natty`s blue side x side with Dodo Purple haze soft.
They were similar with Natty`s taking the lead in :
price
ease of use, went on faster.
brightness in depth, not darkening.
water beading and slickness lasted long after Dodo Purple Haze. (DPH is no slouch 3 months min.)

In all fairness, gave away Natty`s to a coworker, who loved it. Kept the Dodo for myself. :blink:

TheMeanGreen
11-11-2019, 05:39 PM
Natty’s.

The ability to clean my towels really well is one of the main reasons why I stick to traditional sealants and waxes.

Fishroes
11-11-2019, 05:52 PM
I was thinking Nattys also
I ordered some poorboys spray and gloss to use with the Nattys paste wax like ronkh did

TheMeanGreen
11-11-2019, 07:55 PM
I was thinking Nattys also
I ordered some poorboys spray and gloss to use with the Nattys paste wax like ronkh did

I remember that little trick, of course I did it with Natty’s Black, talk about a darkening effect.