PDA

View Full Version : Small Coating Applicator From CarPro

Desertnate
11-01-2019, 05:13 PM
Have you all seen these? As far as I know, they are only available from CarPro`s online store.

I stumbled across them while buying some sample sized products (huge kudos to Carpro for doing samples) and thought I couldn`t go wrong for $5.

I found them to be really handy when coating wheels, bit I`m sure they would work for other tight spots. They work just like a normal applicator block. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191101/870441a94c9d6a43b72442fcdb1de201.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191101/baf19517465a17471eb16be5d5754aa0.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

The Guz
11-01-2019, 05:25 PM
Yes they have been around for awhile now. They are good for small areas.

Astouffer512
11-02-2019, 08:16 AM
I have seen them in detailed image and have had them in my cart a few times, but never made the purchase. They are $5.99 on that site.

I was thinking about picking some up as a guy I work with was at a detailing class and came back with the CarPro sample kit and gave it to me. Nice guy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Setec Astronomy
11-02-2019, 09:14 AM
That`s a great price. Do you guys use these with the suede microfiber? ADS was selling (they seem to be out of stock) an applicator similar to the standard CQuartz applicator but they didn`t seem to be suggesting the use of the suede with them. They sell them in bulk at a decent price, of course you can get them direct from China through Amazon for ~50 cents each, not sure if they are the same/any good...maybe I will splurge on a 6-pack to see.

Desertnate
11-04-2019, 01:13 PM
Right now they are $4.99 for a pack of 8 at the Carpro-US.com website, which makes them $0.63 each.

I believe the product description over at CarPro seems to indicate you could use them with/without a MF suede swatch. However, I wouldn`t use one without (you can see mine laying on the tire in the second picture). I could see the very thin layer of soft foam getting saturated really quickly and I don`t think it would apply the coating as smoothly as a suede swatch. They are exactly like the larger applicator block, just cut much smaller.

Since I was getting ready to coat my winter wheels I bought them on a whim since they were so cheap. I`m glad I did. I only used one for the entire job and have plenty left over for any use in the future when I`ll have tight areas to coat...like my summer wheels.