PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning windows ... Is it just me?

Don
08-23-2019, 08:26 AM
I find that I get better results from lightly spraying the cleaner (regardless of what cleaner I`m using) directly on the microfiber, rather than directly on the glass...MUCH better results.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Civicclutch
08-23-2019, 08:39 AM
Thats the proper way so you dont get overspray on paint or dash as well as less streaks

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

JSFM35X
08-23-2019, 11:18 AM
That’s how I’ve always done it. I have a wet Mf soaked in glass cleaner. I scrub the window and then buff with a dry one. That’s how I get my best results.

Accumulator
08-23-2019, 12:44 PM
While it`s much easier to keep it off the surrounding areas, and I do think that`s generally a good thing to at least try with most products, I get the best results when I spray directly on the glass, especially with Glass Cleaners that foam up. Easier to get an effective (or at least effectively long) Dwell too. I wish it were otherwise as there are some areas I can`t do that way (so every time I do some one way and others the other way, giving me an ongoing direct comparison between the two methods). Sometimes the diff is minimal, but other times it`s quite significant. Apparently it`s another of those YMMV things.

quebert
08-25-2019, 05:34 PM
Use to be how I did it, but I use Scholl Concepts ICE glass cleaning gel now so no need. It`s a medium consistency gel that doesn`t drip when sprayed. It makes doing inside windows 10 times easier. Also doesn`t streak and you only have to use a super
tiny amount.

Accumulator
08-26-2019, 12:05 PM
Use to be how I did it, but I use Scholl Concepts ICE glass cleaning gel...s a medium consistency gel ..[that].. doesn`t streak...

Huh, *another* cool-sounding product I`ve never heard of :o

Bill D
08-26-2019, 12:25 PM
If a gel product can eliminate streaks in one wipe it just might be revolutionary!