PDA

View Full Version : Got the Poorboy`s EX sealant & tried it..

Pages : [1] 2

Dans Detailing
07-18-2006, 06:43 PM
I got home from work, and there was a box by my front door with PB EX Sealant in it:) I ordered it Friday , and got it today, thats fast!

Anyways, I tried it on my SHO. I applied the sealant at 1000 RPM with a black foam pad and this sealant really makes my Red paint POP! After I was complete , I used an orbital waxer and applied another coat of it and let that haze over. I removed it with My Eagle One Microfiber towels and was amazed by this product!

Poorboy has my business now! I will be purchasing other compounds and polishes to compliment my P&S products!

SNike05
07-18-2006, 06:57 PM
I just ordered my first bottle yesterday also. I`m really glad to here your comments because I have a red car as well:D

jaybs02
07-18-2006, 07:01 PM
Glad to hear that you are happy with the poorboys.
You didn`t say how long you let it sit, but it is recomended to let the sealant "set" for an hour before removing it to get maximum durability, and 24 hrs between coats.

Top it with Natty`s for a really great look :rockon

"J"

Dans Detailing
07-18-2006, 08:04 PM
Glad to hear that you are happy with the poorboys.
You didn`t say how long you let it sit, but it is recomended to let the sealant "set" for an hour before removing it to get maximum durability, and 24 hrs between coats.

Top it with Natty`s for a really great look :rockon

"J"

Oh I didn;t know that. Thanks for the tip!

RAYJAY
07-19-2006, 02:22 AM
nice sho....... lol I have 2 of them a rare green 94 and a blue 93 I`m just getting back on the road

are you ever on www.shoforum.com great site

Jeff

Dans Detailing
07-19-2006, 06:11 AM
nice sho....... lol I have 2 of them a rare green 94 and a blue 93 I`m just getting back on the road

are you ever on www.shoforum.com great site

Jeff

Yep I am foesho on the shoforums.

Jen@autogeek
07-19-2006, 07:19 AM
:) Poorboy`s is an awesome product line. Love it love it! :)

rfinkle2
07-19-2006, 07:58 AM
I use just about every product in the PB line and like the results from each one. My favorite happens to be qw+, i even use it after cleaning the windows to get them completely streak free.

Beemerboy
07-19-2006, 09:11 AM
I knew that you would like his sealant...the SSR line and the P-w-C are all my go to products now, and like you I was a P&S guy before that

Dans Detailing
07-19-2006, 10:31 AM
Sweet.. too bad you don;t live closer, I`d share some of my work with you, I have been getting burned out with too much work ( is there such a thing? )

Have you tried the full line of PB`s stuff?

Beemerboy
07-19-2006, 10:41 AM
Sweet.. too bad you don;t live closer, I`d share some of my work with you, I have been getting burned out with too much work ( is there such a thing? )

Have you tried the full line of PB`s stuff?

I`ve tried or are using about all of his stuff....something like B-n-B.... I get Shine All from P&S its about the same thing and cheaper...where I really find PB stuff to shine allot is his swirl removers, polishes, sealant and waxes...I have assorted other things from Steve and find them all to be top quality...my MF towels are all from him

rfinkle2
07-19-2006, 11:30 AM
may i ask what p&s is?

Beemerboy
07-19-2006, 11:35 AM
may i ask what p&s is?

P&S is a nation wide distributor for car care products they are based out of the SF bay area....there customer base is dealerships and the likes of that....I have a local store front detail shop here that carries their lines

Dans Detailing
07-19-2006, 01:13 PM
Do get either one of us wrong, they make a very nice high end product that is among the best products out there. But after using a product for awhile, you begine to wonder if there is anything better! Well witht he help of Beemerboy and others, I tried PB EX sealant and primarily found that it came off alot easier then the P&S, thats the major difference here. I am sure someday there will be even a better product too!

RAYJAY
07-19-2006, 01:55 PM
Do get either one of us wrong, they make a very nice high end product that is among the best products out there. But after using a product for awhile, you begine to wonder if there is anything better! Well witht he help of Beemerboy and others, I tried PB EX sealant and primarily found that it came off alot easier then the P&S, thats the major difference here. I am sure someday there will be even a better product too!

the best thing about poorboys is that steve keeps improving his products when ever you reorder the product is always more better refined version of what you had last time.

jeff