PDA

View Full Version : Wash again after ERASER?

bob m
06-23-2019, 09:48 AM
Ok, some good weather today and tomorrow so I`m taking advantage and going to apply a coating.

I did the whole decon thing already so I washed the car and am doing a bit of paint correction/polishing. After that will use Eraser or Gyeon Prep which I have on hand. Question - after applying either one does the car need to be washed again or not before applying the coating?

BudgetPlan1
06-23-2019, 10:03 AM
No need to wash after prep wipedown. I`ve come to prefer Eraser over Prep lately but that`s largely personal preference.

top189h
06-23-2019, 10:03 AM
Washing again is unnecessary, however if it gets dusty or something from the correction, you should wash first then use the paint prep after drying.

Accumulator
06-23-2019, 12:21 PM
I`m glad this came up!

Interesting that the Eraser/Prep products really don`t need rinsing.

They say that about the (old, apparently off-the-market) HT AkyraClean/PrepWash too, but I still rinse it off just to be on the safe side.

bob m
06-23-2019, 02:35 PM
I too the advice and have 1 coat of Kamikaze Zipang done, awaiting a little drying time for the middle coat of Miyabi and finally another layer of Zipang.

mc2hill
06-25-2019, 02:20 PM
I agree with the others, no need to rinse. In fact I use Eraser as PART of a `prep` rinseless wash - wash panel, spray clay lube, work panel with clay towel, wipe with a fluffy waffle weave towel (I have lots of them and found like them for this), spritz panel with Eraser, and dry. Now it is ready for polishing, and it only took 2 minutes.