PDA

View Full Version : Armor Shield 9 coating?

tom p.
06-19-2019, 07:51 AM
Armor Shield IX nano ceramic coating

Guys, has anyone heard of this product? For some reason, my son felt compelled to buy it with his hard-earned $$. Appears to be straight out of China.

He spent pretty much the entire day on his "new" car yesterday polishing and I got home just in time to help with the coating. E-z to work with, no tackiness at all. Seemed to want to be wiped down around 8 minutes. Very humid yesterday.

With so many other proven products out there, I was a bit irritated to see him go off in a completely different direction with an unknown product. I worry that 6 months from now he`s going to need to re-apply something else. (We did 22ple HPC on his previous car a year ago and, when delivered to its new owner, it still looked fabulous.)

I can find virtually no information on this apart from some random guy and a YouTube-type video.

Dan
06-19-2019, 07:26 PM
Looks like the same style bottle as the generic 9x coatings. How much was the bottle?

rlmccarty2000
06-19-2019, 08:07 PM
It’s just one of those cheap Chinese made coatings that cost $5. I don’t think they are terrible. I played around with a couple of them. You will probable get close to a year out of it. Sometimes the flash point/time is long and they can be difficult to work with. I think the difference between a $5 coating and a $50 coating isn’t that great. Ease of use can be worth $45.

We should probably all be using the $5 stuff on our rims instead of the $50 stuff.

tom p.
06-20-2019, 07:43 AM
Yeah, that`s kind of what I fear. I suspect the market is going to be flooded with these cheap products that lack durability. I bought that $8 coating (Mr. Fixeroh?) a while back. Minimal beading and certainly wasn`t in place for more than a couple of months.

My perspective at this point is I need something that`s going to be around for at least a couple of years if I spend many hours on prep work. Otherwise, it`s all for nothing :(

showbbq
06-20-2019, 08:44 AM
I bought that $8 coating (Mr. Fixeroh?) a while back.

So like father, like son. :)

tom p.
06-20-2019, 09:53 AM
Yes, but $8 vs. $70, Show.

showbbq
06-21-2019, 08:05 AM
Yes, but $8 vs. $70, Show.

Ohh. Well at least you can share the results of how it performs.

tom p.
06-21-2019, 04:01 PM
I certainly will. He`s had it out and driving in the rain. It looks VERY clean even after it dried off.

WaxManRonnie
06-23-2019, 12:22 PM
I don`t think it hurt anything to try something that`s not in the usual main stream market. I have tried three different brand ceramic coatings, only to be disappointed by the durability of it. Since I know some people who hovering around here will get offended, I won`t mention them by name.

tom p.
06-23-2019, 01:27 PM
Ronnie, LOL, I understand.

Also, this new coating is doing everything it is supposed to so I`ve got to just wait and see what`s doin` 6 months and a year from now.

Dan
06-23-2019, 02:31 PM
I don`t think it hurt anything to try something that`s not in the usual main stream market. I have tried three different brand ceramic coatings, only to be disappointed by the durability of it. Since I know some people who hovering around here will get offended, I won`t mention them by name.
Post up what didn`t work for you, you may save someone some hard earned money. And I agree, most coatings don`t last nearly as long as the claims. It`s the same as sealants and waxes. The times given are for garage queens.