PDA

View Full Version : Hello All - New Forum Member and long time Duragloss Product User

spudslatte
06-06-2019, 09:45 AM
Hello Everyone - I am new to this site and hope to learn a lot as I have a 2015 modified Q60 Sport 6MT which I am told is a little rare. I used to pay a detailer for my previous vehicles and thought I could never do a good job, but since I lost my job, I decided to go the do it yourself route.

I came upon this company a few years ago called Duragloss and have used their Durawax after washing which gives it a very nice glossy shine after washing with very little effort. Since then, I have purchased almost every product in their line and have been amazed at the results. The application of each is easy, and the results are amazing. I use their interior leather items as well as their exterior #2 cleaner which removes swirl marks from the paint. I have no experience using a buffer.

As hooked as I am on their stuff, I know there are a lot of other products people are aligned to, and techniques I can learn from more experienced persons than myself. So I hope to really get involved in these threads and read a lot, and pardon if I ask a lot of questions.

Thank you

GearHead_1
06-06-2019, 11:40 AM
Welcome to the forum.

E-Jag
06-06-2019, 11:40 AM
Spudslatte, welcome to the site. You`re off to a good start...DG is my go-to for most of the stuff I do. When you need a good paint cleaner/polish, 501 is great. It isn`t strong enough to correct anything but it will get red of the small stuff and leave a pretty nice shine, I often follow up with a coat of 105 followed by 111 or, sometimes, Collinite 845. Their wash (901?) is as good as it gets IMO. Keep reading and you`ll develop a feel for what`s going on and which products you think might work for you. You will find that a lot of (good) stuff out there is very pricey, but detailing products don`t have to be expensive to be good - for what you need. Witness Duragloss. Get a decent buffer, pads, mf towels and you`re off and running. And keep posting - you can`t get better information than here.

briarpatch
06-06-2019, 01:23 PM
Welcome to the forum. There are a lot of helpful folks here willing to share knowledge and experience, both product and process.

tul9033
06-28-2019, 06:54 PM
I`ve got a new Ram truck on the way. I still have all my Duragloss products from my last new car purchase a few years back 501, 601, 111, 951, 923. The truck is a dark blue (Patriot Blue).
Has Duragloss fallen out of favor for other budget easy to apply products? Should I stick with DG for this new dark truck or go for the latest greatest? If something else, what?

rlmccarty2000
06-28-2019, 07:32 PM
Welcome to the forum. Sorry about the job. Lots of good reading on this forum to keep you busy.