PDA

View Full Version : Griot`s PFM or Gyeon Silk Dryer

bob m
06-03-2019, 12:44 PM
I have been using the PFM`s for drying (and other tasks) and was/still impressed, but out of curiosity I bought the Gyeon Silk Dryer on sale. Used it today, another excellent drying towel, but in terms of drying smoothly and efficiently I can`t say I see any difference between the two other than Gyeon`s having one side with a shorter knap. Both are excellent, btw. Not that I was expecting to see any difference really, but for others more discerning, any preference between the two?

Mike lambert
06-03-2019, 12:48 PM
Griot’s hands down, have a couple that are almost 3 years old and still work as new. The Gyeon won’t last as long in my opinion.

The Guz
06-03-2019, 04:12 PM
I have used both as well as the CarPro version. All of them perform well.

CarPro drying towel had the low nap side like the silk dryer. CarPro states this side is for glass to get a streak free finish. It does work with it and also the silk dryer.

The PFM is nice. The benefit is the dual sides. So one towel can absorb more water on a larger vehicle. The only downside is the towel gets heavy.

Griot’s hands down, have a couple that are almost 3 years old and still work as new. The Gyeon won’t last as long in my opinion.

Are you speaking from experience using both towels?

Both the PFM and Silk Dryer are holding up well for me. Owned roughly about the same amount of time.

Mike lambert
06-03-2019, 04:22 PM
Yes from experience, using daily and same care

Britsdaddy
06-03-2019, 09:55 PM
I moved from Gyeon to TRC Twist n Shout. I felt like the Gyeon with 1 side got "full" quickly compare to TRC. It was more of wanting to only use 1 towel, not 2. I do mostly rinseless washes and TRC just works for me. Haven`t used a PFM