PDA

View Full Version : How long do you wait to put on Kamikaze Overcoat?

richiebohrer24
04-13-2019, 12:31 PM
I finished putting the Kamikaze miyabi coating on yesterday. I put two coats on and it looks great! The question I had was if I put Kamikaze overcoat on now or do I wait until after the first wash? Or does it not matter?

Thanks

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

BudgetPlan1
04-13-2019, 12:53 PM
I usually wait a few hours or do it the next day/morning.

Be sure to use sparingly, spritzed into a towel to apply. Lately I`ve been giving the application towel a *very* light mist of water before first applying as if ya overdo Overcoat, can streak a bit.

richiebohrer24
04-13-2019, 12:55 PM
I usually wait a few hours or do it the next day/morning.Thanks. I did notice the car is still a bit tacky. I dabbed a microfiber towel in 1 tiny tiny area and the fibers from the towel stuck to the car. Is that an issue? Do I get it off now or wait? Would I use overcoat to get it off?

BudgetPlan1
04-13-2019, 01:02 PM
Thanks. I did notice the car is still a bit tacky. I dabbed a microfiber towel in 1 tiny tiny area and the fibers from the towel stuck to the car. Is that an issue? Do I get it off now or wait? Would I use overcoat to get it off?

Sent from my SM-N960U using TapatalkThat`s a new one for me, never experienced that. Is it actually tacky or just grabby?

Usually shorter nap towels like 350gsm or so work best. If not actually tacky like it`s still wet, start in inconspicuous area with Overcoat...as more product absorbs into towel more evenly, more happiness results. Hood of a black car is not the best place to begin [emoji38]

richiebohrer24
04-13-2019, 01:51 PM
That`s a new one for me, never experienced that. Is it actually tacky or just grabby?

Usually shorter nap towels like 350gsm or so work best. If not actually tacky like it`s still wet, start in inconspicuous area with Overcoat...as more product absorbs into towel more evenly, more happiness results. Hood of a black car is not the best place to begin [emoji38]Lol, yea I dabbed the towel on my back quarter panel of my 2000 Corvette. Its navy blue. Not really sure what to do

BudgetPlan1
04-13-2019, 02:38 PM
Lol, yea I dabbed the towel on my back quarter panel of my 2000 Corvette. Its navy blue. Not really sure what to do

Sent from my SM-N960U using TapatalkDidja happen to coat the door jambs? That`s generally where I start when dabbling with unexpected items.

Maybe message forum member Mike Lambert...top notch pro (and generally all around nice guy) who used Kamikaze before moving to Modesta.

msthayne
05-20-2020, 12:42 AM
Used IGL Kenzo for years. Tried Kamikaze Miyabi topped w/ ISM for first time. Any good alternatives for toppers that aren`t overcoat. Toppers like that are not worth almost $90 in my professional opinion since most ceramic don`t technically even need toppers if applied properly?

acuRAS82
05-20-2020, 01:59 AM
Used IGL Kenzo for years. Tried Kamikaze Miyabi topped w/ ISM for first time. Any good alternatives for toppers that aren`t overcoat. Toppers like that are not worth almost $90 in my professional opinion since most ceramic don`t technically even need toppers if applied properly?
Infinity Wax isn’t worth $90. You could try that. B)

Coatings=crack
05-21-2020, 03:27 AM

In the not Kamikakze/Polish Angel range I like Shine Supply Clutch and Griots 3-1 ceramic Wax

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk