PDA

View Full Version : Do you use any special products/equipment on grilles and rocker panels?

CarGlow
07-16-2006, 12:27 AM
Do you pre-wash heavily soiled areas?

What concentrated cleaner can you use that is clear coat safe?

Tex Star Detail
07-16-2006, 05:49 AM
I do on front ends that are covered with bugs. I use an APC, such as Megs.

CarGlow
07-16-2006, 11:08 AM
I do on front ends that are covered with bugs. I use an APC, such as Megs.

Do you dillute it or full strenght? I`m guessing it`s safe for the paint even full strenght.

Tex Star Detail
07-16-2006, 11:27 AM
I dilute 10:1 up to 4:1

Jen@autogeek
07-16-2006, 03:33 PM
On heavily soiled areas I use my Poorboys` bug squash with the foam gun. I saturate it and let it loosen up the gunky stuff and then rinse it off and wash as usual. Or if it`s not too bad I may just add the bug squash right into the soap in the foam gun canister and then when I do the pre-soak it gives the soap a little more kick! Just my 2 cents, hope it`s helpful. :)

Shaun Carollo
07-16-2006, 07:53 PM
I recently purchased Meguiars Super Degreaser, along with a foaming sprayer tip. I can`t explain how much easier bugs come off the front end and windshield after spraying this stuff on. I also use it behind the wheels and that has cut probably 15 minutes of tar removal off my details. I highly recommend diluting it at least 10:1, even that will require a quick polish or cleaner wax to remove light staining if you let it dry at all.

-Shaun

CarGlow
07-16-2006, 08:06 PM
On heavily soiled areas I use my Poorboys` bug squash with the foam gun. I saturate it and let it loosen up the gunky stuff and then rinse it off and wash as usual. Or if it`s not too bad I may just add the bug squash right into the soap in the foam gun canister and then when I do the pre-soak it gives the soap a little more kick! Just my 2 cents, hope it`s helpful. :)

I have to get me a foam gun :)

Jen@autogeek
07-17-2006, 02:45 AM
I have to get me a foam gun :)

I LOVE mine. It`s alot of fun to use and very versatile. I use it to clean the exterior windows of my house as well. :)

JaredPointer
07-17-2006, 06:18 AM
Bug Squash. Bow-chicky-wow-wow. One of my favorite products.

Jen@autogeek
07-17-2006, 06:24 AM
Bug Squash. Bow-chicky-wow-wow. One of my favorite products.

Next to my jar of Souveran and WG sealant Bug Squash is one of my favorite products! That stuff kicks @$$!! I recently went on a road trip and I kept a microfiber in a zip lock bag that was saturated with BS 3:1. When I would stop for gas I would take out my MF and get the bugs off. At one point a stream of the bug squash/water mix ran down the front of the car over the grills and the bugs that were in the path of it literally just fell off onto the floor! I used it at every stop and after going through 2 wicked downpours on the way home, my car looked clean when I arrived! lol Gotta love Poorboy`s :)

mgm2003
07-17-2006, 07:24 AM
I use a bug & tar pad on front ends, rockers, and light tar build up and it`s a big time saver.

G35stilez gave me one last year, and I thought `no way in he**` am I running this over paint. I was wrong. If you soak it well in your wash solution, it will not marr up your paint. It a great addition to your arsenal, and a big time saver.

btw -I`ve seen them in may local NAPA stores too.

http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/yhst-34154371804963_1903_23812637 (http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/yhst-34154371804963_1903_3331985)