PDA

View Full Version : Griot`s VS. McKee`s rinseless wash & wax

pgp
04-07-2019, 04:04 PM
When I finish up my supply of rinseless washes, I want to try Griot`s and McKee`s rinseless wash & wax. It looks like Griot`s can be diluted a bit more than McKee`s. I may look into their spray waxes too. Which of these two does everyone like ? Right now I have been using Wolfgang Uber rinseless.

BadgerRivFan
04-07-2019, 04:55 PM
Griots Rinseless Wash & Wax is excellent and you would not be disappointed. In fairness I can’t compare it to McKee’s, as I have only tried their N914 (of which I was a beta tester).

The Griots rinseless encapsulates dirt fantastic (if you presoak each panel it literally rolls the dirt off before you even wipe) and dries super easy without leaving any streaks.

If you are looking for a rinseless that leaves synthetic polymer and carnauba wax protection behind, I highly recommend Griots [emoji106].

Oneheadlite
04-08-2019, 11:31 AM
Unfortunately I can only echo BadgerRivFan`s sentiments. I`ve not used the McKees version, but I`m a fan of the Griot`s.

I`ll often use it as a drying aid after a wash, and it`s my go to exterior window cleaner. Super easy to use (apply liberally, clean with one MF, allow to flash while doing the other windows, buff right off with a fresh PFM. Even works great in the winter when the garage is 3_°).

I can compare it to Wolfgang Uber. Uber probably has the edge in regards to gloss, but I like the Griot`s better for staying clean after use, plus general ease of use.

Does McKees offer little 4oz sizes so you could sample it?

top189h
04-08-2019, 11:54 AM
I can`t speak for the Griot`s as I haven`t tried it, but the McKee`s is a fine rinseless wash. It isn`t the strongest cleaner or the slickest or anything. It does leave behind a nice layer of protection and it smells great, but I find myself reaching for Duragloss, Gloss Shop or IUDJ more often.

estcstm3
04-10-2020, 11:29 AM
Unfortunately I can only echo BadgerRivFan`s sentiments. I`ve not used the McKees version, but I`m a fan of the Griot`s.

I`ll often use it as a drying aid after a wash, and it`s my go to exterior window cleaner. Super easy to use (apply liberally, clean with one MF, allow to flash while doing the other windows, buff right off with a fresh PFM. Even works great in the winter when the garage is 3_°).

I can compare it to Wolfgang Uber. Uber probably has the edge in regards to gloss, but I like the Griot`s better for staying clean after use, plus general ease of use.

Does McKees offer little 4oz sizes so you could sample it?

Which one is slicker Griots or Wolfgang Uber?

Coatings=crack
04-11-2020, 12:14 AM
Which one is slicker Griots or Wolfgang Uber?

If you want slickness the new DP line from autokeek is definitely slicker.... cheaper too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk