PDA

View Full Version : 2003 SL500 Interior

Pages : [1] 2 3

Clean Dean
08-11-2003, 01:36 PM
Lets face it, a 2003 interior is not much of a challenge...

Stoners + Carpet Extraction

But, doesn`t this interior look inviting ????

Clean Dean
08-11-2003, 01:38 PM
Someday ... I wouldn`t mind having to get into this on a daily basis !!!

Tassadar
08-11-2003, 01:39 PM
NO FREAKING FAIR!

How the heck do you manage that! I cant make any dash look that good. Its not fair I tell you, its just not fair! Stop the torture!

Oh by the way, good work. :cool:

Beemerboy
08-11-2003, 01:48 PM
Nice car I`ve worked on one simlair it. What happened to the extractos lines in the carpet:confused:

I love the way that looks and have started to do that myself. You get a real good reaction from the customer.

Clean Dean
08-11-2003, 01:59 PM
I didn`t think anyone would notice... The owner was leaving for vacation Sat. morning and I had to have the car completed by 10:30 AM... Time was tight and the passenger side did not get the extractor pattern I usually leave in all cars... The carpet on that side was extracted, but in double time mode...Beemerboy you have a great eye !!!!:D

Beemerboy
08-11-2003, 02:04 PM
Dean,

Its all about the detail to me and that`s why I get the biz Thanks

rtbrick
08-11-2003, 02:29 PM
CD, nice as always!;)

Three questions:

1. What Stoner`s product did you use?

2. Do you use anything separate on the wood?

3. Did you extract with water only or did you use that EZ HD 8?

frankie
08-11-2003, 04:18 PM
looking good

what did you use on the wood pieces and steering wheel wood looks so nice!

Clean Dean
08-11-2003, 04:24 PM
I meant this as a reply, however I created another post... OK OK I"M A POST HOG !!!! I ADMIT IT !!!!

Stoners...
Trim Cleaner
Trim Shine
Invisible Glass

I use Stoners on every interior...

Extractor ... I shampoo with AM HD when needed... I am currently using AM`s Carpet Upholstery Extractor solution ... Iwill post the product number after I check it in my garage... I use a very small amount in the water tank, and I only spot shampoo with the HD. In this interior, only the floor mats needed shampooing.

On wood and interior glass/plastic surfaces I use Invisible Glass and a clean MF towel.

Thanks.

Tassadar
08-11-2003, 06:42 PM
I have come to the conclusion that if this Poorboy`s Natural look doesnt do the trick, im going with Stoners.

Do you spray onto an applicator and apply, folowed by buffing, or what?

Clean Dean
08-11-2003, 07:16 PM
Then buff out with a terry towel. Only draw back to aerosal is overspray on glass, wood, and guages. I use the poly treated paper floor mats to cover the windshield during application. Believe me I am sure that there are numerous other trim products that work well for others but... Stoners Trim Cleaner + Trim Shine ... Saves time and delivers a natural clean non-greasy looking interior in little time...

Tassadar
08-11-2003, 07:20 PM
You spray directly onto the surface? No applicator?

Clean Dean
08-11-2003, 09:32 PM
It is an aerosal, so yes spray it directly onto the surface and even it out with the utility towel. Be careful with it near guages and Navigation/ Stereo screens. If you do happen to overspray onto these instruments, a clean MF towel with Invisible Glass will clean it up easily

Tassadar
08-11-2003, 09:33 PM
I assume you buy your products in bulk. Where do you get them for a decent price?

Clean Dean
08-11-2003, 09:35 PM
I buy it by the case !!!

http://www.detailingdirect.com/

Let them know it is your first order. I received the $50 Stoner kit for free with my first order, that sampler was awesome !!!!