PDA

View Full Version : 2019 Best OTC Spray Wax/Sealant

Pages : [1] 2 3

Dan
03-14-2019, 09:52 AM
What is your favorite OTC spray wax/sealant? I`m finding it hard to believe nothing is able to top DG Aquawax for me. This is a product that made its way to the market around 2006. For me it lasts longer than anything else in the segment, doesn`t attract dust/dirt, and looks really good. Megs UQW is good, but it is more pricey and doesn`t last as long. I`m trying out CMX and the new TW Shine n Seal.

Tc99m
03-14-2019, 10:17 AM
If price isn`t an option then I reach for PA Rapidwaxx every time. Second is WG Fuzion Spray Wax and my third go to Mk37 Trademark Extender Spray Wax.

E-Jag
03-14-2019, 11:36 AM
I`m with you, Dan. Aquawax has been my go-to for many moons. Not gonna fix something that ain`t broke.

Accumulator
03-14-2019, 12:48 PM
Hmm..I`ve never tried DG AW. I`m still using OCW (most paint...but OK, not OTC) and Meg`s UQW/D156 (trim, some paint but generally NOT) and/but find that both basically oughta be redone after most washes (the Meguiar`s most definitely).

How does DG AW compare with those two with regard to looks (I find OCW and UQW look *VERY* different), durability, and user-friendliness (I find OCW and UQW utterly Accumulator-proof)?

Dan
03-14-2019, 01:17 PM
Hmm..I`ve never tried DG AW. I`m still using OCW (most paint...but OK, not OTC) and Meg`s UQW/D156 (trim, some paint but generally NOT) and/but find that both basically oughta be redone after most washes (the Meguiar`s most definitely).

How does DG AW compare with those two with regard to looks (I find OCW and UQW look *VERY* different), durability, and user-friendliness (I find OCW and UQW utterly Accumulator-proof)?

AW, UQW and OCW all look very different. AW has that trademark Zaino like shine/reflectivity. UQW has some really good depth, and OCW is just very balanced. OCW and AW last about the same. AW is a bit less prone to collect DUST. OCW looks much, much better on dark trim. AW is pretty foolproof too.

Bill D
03-14-2019, 01:19 PM
It sounds like it all depends on what look you’re after then. I personally prefer depth over high gloss, almost plastic like shine.

Coatings=crack
03-14-2019, 02:46 PM
If your throwing sio2 sprays in their... just tried kamikaze v1 and it wasn’t the beads that impressed me... it was how they just rolled off the car. I was just sitting their making Star Wars laser sounds while I was watching...

Got a 500ml bottle of cosmic spritz ima pop open soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tom p.
03-14-2019, 02:51 PM
Why wouldn`t Mother`s CMX product be on this list?

chris03tl
03-14-2019, 03:11 PM
Talk about a tangent....we went from OTC to something we can literally buy from only one place (and it isnt OTC) lol

I would love to try Duragloss products but I have never been able to locate them locally. Our little Carquest never had them and is now owned by Advance Auto so I assume they never will.

Dan
03-14-2019, 03:40 PM
Talk about a tangent....we went from OTC to something we can literally buy from only one place (and it isnt OTC) lol

I would love to try Duragloss products but I have never been able to locate them locally. Our little Carquest never had them and is now owned by Advance Auto so I assume they never will.

https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/duragloss-aquawax-clear-coat-safe-easy-to-use-spray-on-wet-car-and-wipe-dry-for-a-high-gloss-951/11289419-P?brandName=Duragloss

Free ship to home if no stores in your area have it. And you can usually find a good coupon too.

Coatings=crack
03-14-2019, 03:50 PM

So that what OTC means I read as Only Toppers & Coatings....[emoji6][emoji2957][emoji23]

Yeah coming from Germany and Japan def no OTC

Coatings=crack
03-14-2019, 03:52 PM
Use megs Ultimate fast finish before... prob my favorite OTC stuff

wannafbody
03-15-2019, 09:24 AM
I`d have to vote for CMX. As easy to use as any spray wax and should last longer. And the clarity and definition are top notch.

Accumulator
03-15-2019, 01:08 PM
AW, UQW and OCW all look very different. AW has that trademark Zaino like shine/reflectivity....

Ah, thanks for the heads-up, since that`s not what I`m after.

.. OCW looks much, much better on dark trim..

Huh, and here I prefer the UQW on trim! Personal preferences again :D

Good to hear the AW is user-friendly though, it`d be a drag for somebody to use it as a Drying Aid and mess things up at the end of a wash.

Tc99m
03-15-2019, 02:27 PM

:D

Sorry, In my house. Amazon is over the counter. :lol: