PDA

View Full Version : Pinnacle GlassCoat.

PA DETAILER
02-04-2019, 08:08 AM
With the weekend heat wave, figured I would do a wash Sunday afternoon. Exterior and interior was nasty after weeks of neglect and sub zero temps. Found out there was a truck under all that mess! Was tired afterwards. Went out later and figured I would get something constructive done. Broke out my new bottle of GlassCoat. Followed the directions and let it set up for 10 min. Grabbed 2 new mf towels and removed the product from the glass. I did all exterior glass along with the side rear view mirrors. Product was not bad to remove. Like anything a little bit of work was involved. It did leave the glass really optical clear and smooth. Calling for rain tonight, so I will be interested in the protection it will afford. I do have the Pinnacle glass cleaner with rain repel. I will use this to boost the GlassCoat.

Accumulator
02-04-2019, 01:42 PM
How do products like this fair when cleaned regularly with normal Glass Cleaners? I figure they hold up better than stuff like RainX, which basically need redone after a regular cleaning or two, kinda a PIA on something that gets its windshield cleaned frequently...

DBAILEY
02-04-2019, 02:12 PM
I wonder how different the PBL Glass coating is compared to the Pinnacle Glass Coating. The PBL one definitely lasts its claimed lifespan, but I find it susceptible to water spots. I have cleaned it with glass cleaner or the WW of choice at the time.

acuRAS82
02-05-2019, 07:26 AM
I wonder how different the PBL Glass coating is compared to the Pinnacle Glass Coating. The PBL one definitely lasts its claimed lifespan, but I find it susceptible to water spots. I have cleaned it with glass cleaner or the WW of choice at the time.
I’ve used both quite a bit. Coating lasts a long time. I refresh it with coating booster every 3 months just for fun, but it’s not needed. GlassCoat is like a better RainX, and it usually lasts 4-5 weeks for me with me washing windows with glass cleaner 1-2x per week. The beads are very nice, sometimes I think better than the coating when GlassCoat is fresh. It can also last longer and be refreshed by Pinnacle glass cleaner with rain repellent. If used regularly, I won’t need to refresh the GlassCoat until 2 months.

PA DETAILER
02-05-2019, 11:02 AM
From what I saw last night, I was impressed. Water just rolled right off the glass. The beading was fantastic also.

https://www.autopia-carcare.com/pinnacle-glass-coat-window-sealant.html#.XFm1DvZFxjo