PDA

View Full Version : What Do Those of You Who Work in High-Volume Detail Shops/Dept Use for Car-Care Chemicals?

Lonnie
01-21-2019, 04:55 PM
This is a question to those of my fellow Autopian professional detailers who work in high-volume detail department or shops, like used car lots or car dealership:
What specific car-care chemical manufacturers/suppliers do you use in your detailing? My reason for asking one more of curiosity, BUT since you use them, I would assume that they need to be cost-effective; IE, they need to perform their specific detailing/cleaning task effectively, and yet be affordable because you are using a larger quantity of that product, more so than "lower-volume" detailers.
I know that there are a plethora of car-care manufacturer out there who cater to volume detail shops and dealer detailing departments. Like:
1) Meguair`s Professional Detailer Line
2) McKee`s 37
3) HD
4) P & S
5) 3M Body Shop
6) Hi-Temp/ Akrya
7) Poorboy`s World
8) ValuGard
9) Chemical Guy`s
10) Finish Kare (used to be, anyway)
11) Auto Magic (the makers of Clay Magic Bars)
12) Duragloss
13) Simonize
14) Mother`s Professional Line
15) Adams
16) Lane`s

I would like to know what you manufacturer(s) you use and what like about a specific product (s) in your detailing.

RaskyR1
01-21-2019, 05:25 PM
When I worked high volume (90`s into early 2000`s) we mainly used Car Brite and Auto Magic. We had some 3M stuff for polishing too, but that was mostly for retail jobs.

Mike lambert
01-21-2019, 06:24 PM
Most of the shops around here use auto solutions or malco

MattPersman
01-22-2019, 06:24 AM
Megs detailer line, technicians choice, and auto magic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Justins00ss
01-22-2019, 07:49 AM
Back in the dealership days Car Brite was great. Also used Granitize with decent results.

One of my favorites was up here in Mass we had a company called Allied Technologies. They had a brand called Auto tech. Good stuff. They also distributed Trans-Mate. Trans mate was killer!!!!

dcjredline
01-22-2019, 01:55 PM
I dont think most of those brands fit what I would consider High volume. I would think of high volume to be more than a 5gal jug purchase at a time. More like a 55 gal drum so that eliminates about 7/8ths of those.