PDA

View Full Version : Quick Product Question Regarding Mild Scratches In Headlights

corvetteman71
01-05-2019, 09:19 AM
I have some very minor scratches in my headlights. In the past for horrible headlights I used the 3M headlight kit which worked great. Since these scratches are so minor I would rather not buy another kit if not needed. I know some folks use Meguiars PlasticX on their headlights. My question is would any of my already owned products work or do I have to buy 3M or Plastic X again?

Currently own:
Meguiars Ultimate Compound
Meguiars Ultimate Polish
Meguiars Ultimate Carnuba Wax
Meguiars Cleaner Wax

I also have a DA with Orange, White, and Black pads.

Accumulator
01-05-2019, 12:56 PM
I can`t help with your actual Q as I`ve never corrected headlights. But watch that you don`t compromise the UV protection by polishing them.

corvetteman71
01-05-2019, 01:14 PM
I can`t help with your actual Q as I`ve never corrected headlights. But watch that you don`t compromise the UV protection by polishing them.

Thank you. The 3M kit was great but may be more than I need.

2002glxv6
01-05-2019, 01:36 PM
I use 3M Rubbing Compound and 3M Finesse-it 2 to finish and remove small defects and to finish after resurfacing headlights.
The Meguiars Ultimate compound and Ultimate Polish are comparable products going by the Autopia polish and compound comparison chart. So, I would test with the Ultimate polish first and if that doesn`t do the job move up to the Ultimate Compound followed by the Polish.

Autopia Aggressiveness Chart 0 - 10

3M Rubbing Compound =7
3M Finesse-it 2 =3

Meguiars Ultimate Compound =8
Meguiars Ultimate Polish =3

Hope this helps a bit.