PDA

View Full Version : Mckee`s Hydro blue over CSL/EXo

hawaiidude
11-29-2018, 01:00 PM
I like both Mckees hydro blue and csl/exo.

My question is can Mckee`s be used to maintain csl/exo in between csl/exo coatings?

BudgetPlan1
11-29-2018, 02:03 PM
While it can, with the reputation of EXO as having some of the craziest water behavior around (I have not used it yet), it might be a step backwards as far as hydrophobic behavior (and it`s benefits) are concerned.

I went thru a month or two of maintaining my coated car by washing with Gyeon Bathe+, followed by Gyeon Wetcoat during rinse and, given the excellent hydrophobic characteristics of the base coating, it was a step backwards. Stacking SiO2 stuff can be problematic methinks, sometimes less is more. Just an isolated experience though, everyone has different conditions and preferences and YMMV.

rlmccarty2000
11-29-2018, 04:00 PM
I agree with Budget. We pay the big bucks for a coating that has great characteristics and then we cover them up with something else. On a coated car I would rather use a good SiO2 spray on topper once the coating has some age on it. If the coating is scratched or marred you can try Essence Plus to restore it.

I see Hydro2 or Hydroblue as a fast way to “coat” an uncoated vehicle, not as a maintenance tool. It won’t hurt (unless it streaks) to use it, but I wouldn’t.

hawaiidude
11-29-2018, 04:33 PM
Got it guys, thanks. Makes sense.