PDA

View Full Version : Can you wax carbon fiber bicycle?

tyltan
10-08-2018, 10:48 AM
I just bought a carbon fiber road bike and wanted to keep it clean :). I read multiple posts on the bike forums but got mixed information. There were "yes" and "no".
The bike has matte black color with "clear coat" on it. There were mixed reactions on put wax on matte color.
I am not sure and afraid to try it on the bike. I planned to use 845 on the frame.
Thank you.

atgonzales
10-08-2018, 12:18 PM
Yes, but if I had that, I would ceramic coat it.

b5visser
10-09-2018, 03:45 PM
I just bought a carbon fiber road bike and wanted to keep it clean :). I read multiple posts on the bike forums but got mixed information. There were "yes" and "no".
The bike has matte black color with "clear coat" on it. There were mixed reactions on put wax on matte color.
I am not sure and afraid to try it on the bike. I planned to use 845 on the frame.
Thank you.

845 works awesome on bikes! That was actually my go-to until IGL BIKE came out.

Desertnate
10-10-2018, 12:50 PM
I have a Specialized Allez with a gray, satin paint on the aluminum and carbon frame and rather than using a full-on sealant, I give the frame periodic wipe downs with McKee`s 37 Matte Cleaner and Protectant. It does exactly what the name implies and works just like a QD spray, yet leaves the frame looking new and not glossy. I don`t ride in wet conditions very often, but water does appear to bead on the surface of the frame, so it must be leaving a minimal ammount of protection behind.

dennis hiip
10-10-2018, 02:02 PM
I use spay wax on my carbon fiber bike.

LGHT
10-15-2018, 10:53 AM
Good info I own a tarmac and a roubaix and usually just wipe them down with water. I`ll have to try some wax on it em!