PDA

View Full Version : Detailing Products you have but don`t use it all ?

Pages : [1] 2 3

mobiledynamics
09-30-2018, 10:41 PM
I purge pretty much almost everything I don`t use.....pads, polishes, trim stuff, etc.

But I have no rhyme or reason just short of the what if, but I have a small select stash of nuba` and 2 bottles of glaze I have not touched in like forever. Everytime I think about purghing it, I always tell myself, well, one of these days you`re going to want to give it the oily POP for the next car meet.

Who`s in the same club ;-0

BudgetPlan1
10-01-2018, 12:13 AM
I purge pretty much almost everything I don`t use.....pads, polishes, trim stuff, etc.

But I have no rhyme or reason just short of the what if, but I have a small select stash of nuba` and 2 bottles of glaze I have not touched in like forever. Everytime I think about purghing it, I always tell myself, well, one of these days you`re going to want to give it the oily POP for the next car meet.

Who`s in the same club ;-0

I wouldn`t even know where to start...[emoji16]

Tc99m
10-01-2018, 08:25 AM
Too many to list since I switched to coatings. But one day I just might switch back to _____. Fill in the blank. Wax`s, Sealant`s, a combination of the two.

So I hold on to them like my 7 year old. Who refuses to let go of his old toys.

mobiledynamics
10-01-2018, 08:37 AM
Ha. I refuse to be a hoarder. I`d rather donate and give it to someone who may use it than let it ~rot~ on the shelf. Well, rot is a strong word.

I feel like how I approach products is much different than yester-years. It`s like a finely curated list....per se.

Tc99m
10-01-2018, 08:47 AM
The good news with coatings is that I buy less products.

TroyScherer
10-01-2018, 08:52 AM
I have been "purging" my extra products for a little over 2 years. I have gone what seems like forever since I have bought new products. I have restocked on soap and misc stuff I used up and needed. My issue I have a problem just throwing away stuff when it still works fine I but I have just moved on to something better.

mobiledynamics
10-01-2018, 09:32 AM
I think the turning point for me was when I had some 1Z polishes in tin cans - where the solvent evap. out - lids were on snug. That`s when I realized no point keeping something you won`t use, and better it be recycled/donated to someone who can use them rather than it just sitting it around. Besides, it leads to a cleaner garage

briarpatch
10-01-2018, 09:53 AM
I just bought some new cabinets for the garage....and only put the products in there that I use....I did not need a large cabinet.....I`ve given some other stuff away, traded some, and keep some in the `other` cabinet just in case. I`ve given away some Megs ultimate Polish and Ultimate Compound in favor of keeping Griots BOSS creams

PA DETAILER
10-01-2018, 11:43 AM
I gave a few products to a neighbor awhile ago. But nobody in the neighborhood or work that is really into the hobby. So every so often I will go thru my stash and can what I think I will never use again.

mobiledynamics
10-01-2018, 12:00 PM
Ha. Which leads to another post PA. Anybody else on your block
- pressure rinse/washes the car
& or
- uses a blower to blow dry the car.

I posted in another thread saying anyone literally reading or typing is a enthusiast.
We`re not the norm

PA DETAILER
10-01-2018, 12:14 PM
Neighbor uses a leaf blower to dry his motorcycle. As far as washes in the neighborhood, very few. Once a month. Most get washed when it rains. LOL. They probably think, there is that nut out every Sat morning at the crack of dawn, washing his vehicle.

:lol:

One neighbor parks BOTH vehicles under maple trees. God, I would hate to see all the sap on them!!

JVD
10-01-2018, 12:17 PM
All of the V series "compounds" and polishes from Chemical Guys... also their V7 quick detailer or whatever it`s labelled as. Literally stopped beading on an already protected car. Lol. At most I`ll use it on door jambs.

Pretty much any traditional waxes or sealants just sit on the shelf now unless it`s to tide me over until a complete detail. Even then, I`ll prob grab some sort of H2O sealant.

JustJesus
10-01-2018, 01:59 PM
All of the V series "compounds" and polishes from Chemical Guys... also their V7 quick detailer or whatever it`s labelled as. Literally stopped beading on an already protected car.

I sold that stuff off, V series, Blacklight, Butter Wax, V07 and a couple other things as a bundle. I would have given it away.

Chopper280
10-01-2018, 02:24 PM
I have products over 30 years old. I check them once a year and if they are good I keep them.
Reminds me of the days when my dad and me were into the car show scene.

Fishroes
10-01-2018, 06:14 PM
Pressure washer and backpack blower. Wouldn’t have it any other way