PDA

View Full Version : Poor Boys Bold N Bright

JeffBruce
08-10-2003, 06:54 PM
Tried this product Bold N Bright for my tires today.
I have tried about ten different tire products...

Before today my favorites were

Bazooka
Meguiars Endurance
303 Aerospace

Bold N Bright

Application: 9
Easy to apply , you see your results right away
(Endurance I need to go back later and work it with a towel.)

Look: 9
My tires look brand new where I applied it....I didn;t do whole tire because of complaints of skidding...(my wife)

Pros
Easy to apply...looks great....nice and clean
You get alot in one container...and don;t have to use much to get results..I also used it for plastic undercaridge and it look`d awsum....Will use this instead of 303.

Cons:
It is not "Bright" if you want bright go to Bazooka....thats Bright..

Good product....not sure of how long it will last...I have not seen a product last a week on a daily driver...we will see...

jeff

Boss_429
08-10-2003, 07:05 PM
Nice review Jeff! I would agree with your results. I actually buffed my B & B down for less shine. It also works nice for those of us who have RWL tires. Cleans them up nicely.

As for the durability, this one is about the same as others. Still, a pretty nice product.

JeffBruce
08-10-2003, 09:22 PM
i also used it on my Lawn movers Black plastic..did a great job!!
jeff
take pictures sometime this week....jeff

Tassadar
08-10-2003, 09:47 PM
Argg I ahve a 32oz bottle of this stuff, just waiting for the sprayers! ARGG!

Koop
08-10-2003, 10:32 PM
I`ve been using natural look on my tires actualy. I can`t see a reason to try anything diffrent so far. Decent longevity and great look. Not greasy or shiny just nice and black with a little bit of a satin finnish.

NattyBumppo
08-11-2003, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by Boss_429
I actually buffed my B & B down for less shine. It also works nice for those of us who have RWL tires. Cleans them up nicely.

Same here. I buff the tires down with a terry about 3-4 minutes after applying. I want more gloss than 303 or Natural Look but not super glossy. I find buffing it down this way also completely eliminates any chance of sling. I routinely get a week out of the product on my daily diver truck.

Nice review Jeff. Keep us posted how it lasts for you.

Natty

Beemerboy
08-15-2003, 01:34 PM
I used B&B yestrerday and was impressed with the shine and easy of application. I`ve been using a P&S product called wipe and shine that has the same results. I like the tires to shine but that`s just me.
I`ll give B&B a 9.5 with room for improvment:eek:

Ferrarislave
08-16-2003, 12:20 AM
Sounds like something I could use If I dont need the glossyness . 303 Is expensive to use on tires.

rtbrick
08-17-2003, 07:20 AM
I like BnB for other things, but not really tires. I like the Meguiars gel for the longevity. Now, if PB comes out with a gel.....:rolleyes:

Poorboy
08-17-2003, 09:38 AM
Rt ..can you explain further of what you are looking for other than longevity...do you want them really glossy?, trying to avoid fling? easier application? ....

I did develop a gel ....but there are other issues involved....

Boss_429
08-17-2003, 09:53 AM
I also use Meguiar`s gel..................... then I like to top it with a water based product like B & B and then buff it to get just the desired look that I want. :)

rtbrick
08-17-2003, 11:31 AM
PB, here is what I`d like in a tire dressing.

Application: It would be nice to have something that sprays on since I have BFG AT`s and it is time consuming to wipe a sponge in every little crevice. Something that is self leveling would be great. I`ve not tried any of those spray gels yet.

Performance: I like the longevity of a gel even though I don`t get "weeks" of long lasting good looks. Dust sticks to Meguiars treated tires and I don`t like that, but at least I can do a quick wash down and not have to dress all over again. I hate the dressing fling, but tolerate it from the gel. I don`t care for water-based because I don`t want to lose or streak my shine from a simple rain storm or by running through the neighbors puddle from watering the yard. Many of those products look great, they just don`t last.

Looks: I prefer a mid-satin shine. More than a dry new tire, less than high gloss. High gloss is ok for the wifes car, but not my truck.

Poorboy
08-17-2003, 11:44 AM
rt..the answer is Trim Restorer....it does what you`re looking for, but I prefer to use a cheap sponge brush to use less product and get into all the nooks and crannys...you can spray it on and then just brush it like you would be painting...dries to the touch attracts no dust when dry and can go through many puddles and washes with little or no effect to original look...

rtbrick
08-17-2003, 04:22 PM
Thanks, PB. I`ll try it. Boy, my "next order" list sure is growing. :D I`m really upset about that.:rolleyes:

As a businessman, you should repackage your Trim Restorer as Super Duper Tire Gel or something and charge $2 more a bottle. LOL

:D

Poorboy
08-17-2003, 04:28 PM
it actually says on the Trim Restorer that you can use it on tires....Natty and I did an experiment the day i met him in person on a customers car and he said that when he delivered the car back, and it was raining, that was the only tire that actually repelled the water..
Dwayne is getting our new 16oz size at the end of next week...still working on pricing though...