PDA

View Full Version : Car got Bumped While@the shop

mobiledynamics
07-27-2018, 08:19 PM
One of our cars at my Indy getting some stuff done. His shop is small - always done good by me.

The mere small lot he is always packed and he shuffles the cars out of the shop and into the street during the day.

Sometime today, something backed into / hit into the front door.
Which is really hard to picture as it`s 2 lanes on a 2 way street - 4 lanes.

Hard to tell in the pics, but the txt he sent looks to more than PDR

Technically I know the ~shop~ should deal with this in whole.

We`ve got full coverage so I could always file a comp. I`ve hemmed and hawed and not concerned about a rate premium hike. I`ve had one storm claim and one keyed claim in the last 15 years and I can`t recall getting penalized for a comp claim.

Eh, just posting this in the Hot Tub.
I know many from the outside POV will just say it`s not your responsibility.
Just posting/thinking outloud.

Oneheadlite
07-27-2018, 09:19 PM
Sorry to hear your car got damaged.

As a tech at a small shop now, and at a dealership before - any time anything has happened to a customer car, the shop took care of it. Has he offered to get it taken care of?

GearHead_1
07-27-2018, 09:25 PM
Split it with him. If it’s really just PDR it’s cost is probably below your deductible anyway. That way you can stay on good terms with someone you trust and he has the opportunity to do the right thing.

mobiledynamics
07-27-2018, 10:05 PM
When he texted me, he told he already he`s going to bring it to the bodyshop to see if they can PDR it.....I know pricing is subjective but a wild guess is PDR may end up being 1/2 or 70% of my deduc. I`m sure bodywork is going to be least 2X-3X that. Pic is not clear...but it looks pretty big. I can see the rocker trimline go in, so its more than just a slight dent.

WT Taggart
07-29-2018, 11:26 AM
One thing to keep in mind. The insurance company is going to apply this to collision and not comp, but it should not count against you as an accident.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rlmccarty2000
07-29-2018, 01:03 PM
The shop should have insurance to cover incidents on their property. PDR can do amazing things. I hope everything looks back to the way you gave it to your shop, good luck.

The Driver
07-29-2018, 08:45 PM
Got a pic? I do PPF, PDR, Paint and everything else.

mobiledynamics
07-29-2018, 08:53 PM
got a single pic ....in text. Not the greatest quality, Even I had to double-back and play where`s waldo on where`s the dent...had to look at the rocker line and follow the contour. All I can make out is that it`s depressed above and below the rocker......grrrrr. Will see where he comes back with on Monday