PDA

View Full Version : Makeup removal interior and exterior

takecareofit
07-03-2018, 05:55 PM
I`m having trouble cleaning both interior PVC/ABS and plastic exterior door trim and handle. Dash, wheel, console and other parts you put a hand on have the makeup. It looks like facial makeup, maybe oil based, light in color. The stains (if they are that) resist alcohol and ammonia based products. Thought this would be a common problem but my search did not turn up a post. Would appreciate any recommendations.

Mike lambert
07-03-2018, 06:14 PM
I see that all the time, Griot’s Interior Cleaner and a soft brush. All you need.

ShaneB
07-03-2018, 07:12 PM
Always had good results with poorboys APC. Takes it right off. I use it thru my steamer via injection so I`m sure the heat helps but I`m sure just about any APC should work for you

Stokdgs
07-03-2018, 07:50 PM
The best all around product for plastics I have used successfully for over 10 years is Nextzett Deep Plastic Cleaner - https://www.autopia-carcare.com/1z-924410.html#.WzwZidXFj3g
It cleans very well and leaves a nice matte finish and a nice fragrance that goes away quickly..
Never needed anything else..
Good luck with your research !
Dan F

Accumulator
07-04-2018, 11:26 AM
The best all around product for plastics I have used successfully for over 10 years is Nextzett Deep Plastic Cleaner..

That`s been the definitive answer for ages, never heard *anybody* express any dissatisfaction with it. NO, I haven`t tried it yet as I already had a few decades` worth of Interior Cleaners when I first heard about it.

I`ve gone through a lot of the GG Interior Cleaner since they came out with it in the `90s...it used to go bad if subjected to certain hot/cold conditions (initiaslly they didn`t even ship it certain times of the year), but I haven`t noticed that recently. It`s good for an *exceptionally* mild cleaner; it simply will not clean well enough for some jobs regardless of the dwell-time, but it doesn`t damage anything either. Sorta like their Rubber Cleaner in that regard. No, not flaming...still like `em both and use both regularly, but not for cleaning anything seriously dirty.

Marine Clerk
07-04-2018, 01:48 PM
I`ve used the 1Z Plastic-Reiniger for the last 15 years, strong stuff. My go to for the grimiest jobs.

Think I would work up in degrees from the 1Z/Nextzett Premium Cockpit to the strong stuff if it doesn`t do the job.

PA DETAILER
07-04-2018, 02:11 PM