PDA

View Full Version : Paint Correction Cart With Dust Collection System

David Fermani
06-26-2018, 07:09 PM
I give 100% credit to Jason @ Chicago Auto Pros for creating this awesome new system. Looks amazing! I`ll be making my own this weekend is all goes well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zt5JtA8dpLA

Mike lambert
06-26-2018, 07:19 PM
I think that’s a bit much! Nicely done though.

JSFM35X
06-26-2018, 07:53 PM
Ok love seeing a guy solve his issue by making a Custom solution. I personally would not need it as my volume is too low but if it works for him Kool. Great to see guys making stuff. Thanks for posting.

David Fermani
06-26-2018, 08:01 PM
I think that’s a bit much! Nicely done though.

Yeah, it could be for some. But, the huge plus for me is the dust collection portion. It`s actually pretty brilliant IMHO. Could use a little tweaking to contain more dust, but it really will drastically cut down on debris being flung all over the place. That`s critical for someone who shares space in a window tinting/PPF shop or somewhere where dust is a major problem.

Mike lambert
06-26-2018, 08:15 PM
We use a 5 gallon bucket and a water bottle. Spray the sides and blow out your pads. Really cut down the airborne stuff.

JustJesus
06-27-2018, 11:06 AM
Thanks for sharing that, David.

I wonder if having a smaller hole in the jug would help contain more of the dust?

David Fermani
07-04-2018, 06:55 PM
Thanks for sharing that, David.

I wonder if having a smaller hole in the jug would help contain more of the dust?

I’m certain that a bit more engineering of the collection tank will net a better outcome. I’m having one of my fabricator friends make me one soon.

3Dog
07-05-2018, 07:41 PM
About a 1/4 of water in the bottom helps also. We cut a hole in the side and place a rubber grommet into it. Helps to get the pad a little lower in.