PDA

View Full Version : Need Help cleaning Weathertech Mats

Pages : [1] 2

JSFM35X
05-29-2018, 05:28 PM
So the winter is over-YEAH ! And I have begun what I like to think of as Re-Setting the cars. Getting then back to my standards.

So far the Wife`s Ride is all dialed in and this weekend I started on mine between the torrential rain storms. I got the big junk off and the 2 areas I am not pleased with are the exhaust tips and the weather tech mats. I ordered what I think I need for the tips and I have the weathertech mats at 7/10. So I tried P21 TAW and a brush, looked promising until they dried. Then they were still dirty looking. I called weathertech and they suggested their own cleaner and non skid protectant. I told the CSR the last thing I need is a bottle of cleaner and protectant for my floor mats. She suggested I try a 50/dawn blue and water solution. I said 50/50? She said yes. So I did that in a small trigger bottle and my mats went from a 3/10 to a 7/10. Still not happy.

wondering if anyone has a trick before I buy their products

Thanks

trashmanssd
05-29-2018, 05:33 PM
I use meguiar`s non acidic wheel cleaner on mine then hit them with a quick interior cleaner or Waterless wash.

tom p.
05-29-2018, 05:56 PM
Optimum PowerClean and a bit of brushing works great on the mats.

Mooser
05-29-2018, 06:03 PM
I`ve been using CG Mat Renew for a while now on the weathertech mats in my wifes car and no-name rubber mats in my truck which suffer through Southern Ontario winters (read tonnes of salt and crap) and it works very well.
GG Rubber cleaner also works well but the mat renew is what I use now
M

Mike lambert
05-29-2018, 06:13 PM
Griot’s rubber prep or cleaner

briarpatch
05-29-2018, 06:34 PM
I have WeatherTechs in all three of our vehicles. I`ve had the best success bringing them inside and washing them with hot water in the basin sink in our laundry room. It`s tedious, but gives decent results. Typically, though, they get hit with Megs APC at 4:1, let dwell and scrubbed with a carpet brush. I use their protectant, which I do like and helps preserve them.

jrock645
05-29-2018, 06:39 PM
Ill second the optimum power clean. Works great

BadgerRivFan
05-29-2018, 06:43 PM
This is what I use to clean mine:

https://www.autopia-carcare.com/1z-924410.html#.Ww3lIhZOnYU

I follow it up with the Weathertech Protectant.

ShaneB
05-29-2018, 06:51 PM
Tuf shine tire cleaner will get them spotless. I’ve been cleaning rubber mats and weather techs almost daily for a month now and that works EVERY time. Use a Tuf shine tire brush to scrub them as well.

JSFM35X
05-29-2018, 08:26 PM
Guys I can’t thank you all enough for sharing what works for you. I’ll be trying some of these suggestions as I own some of these suggested products and have them on hand.

Mostly I appreciate the time you took to help me out.

So the winter is over-YEAH ! And I have begun what I like to think of as Re-Setting the cars. Getting then back to my standards.

So far the Wife`s Ride is all dialed in and this weekend I started on mine between the torrential rain storms. I got the big junk off and the 2 areas I am not pleased with are the exhaust tips and the weather tech mats. I ordered what I think I need for the tips and I have the weathertech mats at 7/10. So I tried P21 TAW and a brush, looked promising until they dried. Then they were still dirty looking. I called weathertech and they suggested their own cleaner and non skid protectant. I told the CSR the last thing I need is a bottle of cleaner and protectant for my floor mats. She suggested I try a 50/dawn blue and water solution. I said 50/50? She said yes. So I did that in a small trigger bottle and my mats went from a 3/10 to a 7/10. Still not happy.

wondering if anyone has a trick before I buy their products

Thanks

I use meguiar`s non acidic wheel cleaner on mine then hit them with a quick interior cleaner or Waterless wash.

Optimum PowerClean and a bit of brushing works great on the mats.

I`ve been using CG Mat Renew for a while now on the weathertech mats in my wifes car and no-name rubber mats in my truck which suffer through Southern Ontario winters (read tonnes of salt and crap) and it works very well.
GG Rubber cleaner also works well but the mat renew is what I use now
M

Griot’s rubber prep or cleaner

I have WeatherTechs in all three of our vehicles. I`ve had the best success bringing them inside and washing them with hot water in the basin sink in our laundry room. It`s tedious, but gives decent results. Typically, though, they get hit with Megs APC at 4:1, let dwell and scrubbed with a carpet brush. I use their protectant, which I do like and helps preserve them.

Ill second the optimum power clean. Works great

This is what I use to clean mine:

https://www.autopia-carcare.com/1z-924410.html#.Ww3lIhZOnYU

I follow it up with the Weathertech Protectant.

Tuf shine tire cleaner will get them spotless. I’ve been cleaning rubber mats and weather techs almost daily for a month now and that works EVERY time. Use a Tuf shine tire brush to scrub them as well.

Stokdgs
05-30-2018, 12:27 AM
For making them really clean and conditioned, I also use 1-Z Einszett or now Nextzett Deep Plastic Cleaner and it absolutely makes them beautiful.
Spray on, brush, etc., clean them, wipe it off with clean towels..
I especially like using it on those honking big trunk liners..
Mats are beautiful, and smell really good for a little bit..
Its expensive to use this for mats, but I do it all the time and never had anyone complain or hate it.. :)

The Tuf-Shine Cleaner sounds interesting.. Is a great product for rubber tires no doubt..
But then, you have rinsing, drying, etc.,...

Dan F

PA DETAILER
05-30-2018, 05:38 AM
I have had no issues using 3D YELLOW DEGREASER 4:1 I have used CG Matt renew in the past. Also very good.

audicoupej
05-30-2018, 06:05 AM
I find brushing alone doesn`t seem to get into every crevice. I like to use the pressure washer as well.

Civicclutch
05-30-2018, 07:27 AM
Tuf shine tire cleaner will get them spotless. I’ve been cleaning rubber mats and weather techs almost daily for a month now and that works EVERY time. Use a Tuf shine tire brush to scrub them as well.I do this with the ones I do then I use sonus engine kote for dressing. Light mist with sonus and then use a boars hair brush to spread into all the little divots of the plastic

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

BadgerRivFan
05-30-2018, 01:43 PM
...then I use sonus engine kote for dressing. Light mist with sonus and then use a boars hair brush to spread into all the little divots of the plastic

Does the Sonus make them slippery? If not, this is an idea I would like to try...