PDA

View Full Version : Kamikaze wash sponge

Sushi5679
05-24-2018, 05:13 PM
Anyone know where I can get a kamikaze wash sponge. The only place I know that carries them is esoteric but they’re out of stock.

Vanquish
05-24-2018, 05:32 PM
I think they are the only North American distributor for Kamikaze. I could be wrong. But I don’t know of any other distributors for them.

TroyScherer
05-24-2018, 07:03 PM
You could order from across the pond if you really want one.

Thats one one issue with the KAMIKAZE stuff. It tends to be better it of stock quite a bit.

Side note. I have one of the sponges you are looking for. It’s nice but I wouldn’t have any issue getting rid of it.

Sushi5679
05-24-2018, 08:05 PM
Thanks, but I was hoping to get a new one.

rlmccarty2000
05-24-2018, 10:13 PM
Is it better than the Big Red Sponge sold by Optimum?

Sushi5679
05-24-2018, 10:48 PM
I hear it’s the softest thing you can use for soft paint.

TroyScherer
05-25-2018, 05:51 AM
Is it better than the Big Red Sponge sold by Optimum?

It is super soft.

But the issue I have with it is that its so soft that once it gets full of water is flops around and essentially loses it form. It is also so soft that it is almost to soft to clean even some bug guts off the vehicle.

Personally I really like the Opti BRS and I want to try the BGS.

Accumulator
05-26-2018, 12:30 PM
It is super soft.

But the issue I have with it is that its so soft that once it gets full of water is flops around and essentially loses it form. It is also so soft that it is almost to soft to clean even some bug guts off the vehicle..

Huh, noting that I`m not much of a sponge guy these days, I kinda *like* the sound of that. Most wash media that I`m OK with is too soft to remove anything very tenacious. This sounds kinda like the Sea Sponges I used way back in the day, some of those were floppy-soft too.

EKhatch
05-29-2018, 02:58 PM
Been wondering this as well. Noticed it was always out of stock at Esoteric and been checking on and off for several months, maybe a year. Signed up for an email notification when it was back in stock but now they don`t even show it on their site that I can find.

I mainly want one just out of curiosity at this point. lol