PDA

View Full Version : Pre wax cleaners with no abrasives? Name your preference.

Pages : [1] 2 3

jester7677
05-06-2018, 05:33 AM
My ancient bottle of 3m Imperial Hand Glaze cracked and lost any remaining product. Looking for a cleaner with no abrasives to the be topped with a wax (1 Grand Blitz) or polymer sealant (1z Glanz or fk1000p). I’m on a “use it if you have it” kick.

So, since I no longer have the cleaner I once used, what’s better out there?

Bunky
05-06-2018, 06:29 AM
I have always used Poorboy`s Pro Polish.

TheMeanGreen
05-06-2018, 09:51 AM
Another vote for PoorBoy’s Pro Polish.

Accumulator
05-06-2018, 11:35 AM
I basically never use any of my (functionally) nonabrasive Paint Cleaners, well...other than KAIO or occasionally Autoglym SRP.

I added that "functionally" since a whole lotta products have abrasives in them, but for practical purposes you can`t really tell by using them.

FWIW, most of the time I just refresh FK1000P (or my other LSPs) without doing any paint cleaning or other prep other than the usual wash. Not even clay...simply not necessary but that`s just my situation. When I finally clayed the A8 and Tahoe after years of daily driver use, the results weren`t *nearly* as dramatic as I`d expected, just a little contamination on the clay, and the vehicles looked the same.

jester7677
05-06-2018, 06:29 PM
I remember I have Poorboys Black Hole so I`ll use that. Instead of a polish in spring, I like a cleaner pre wax .

Desertnate
05-07-2018, 01:11 PM
If you want something with fillers, I`d say go with Poorboys Blackhole or Prima Amigo. If you want something to simply work as a paint cleaner, I found the Poorboys Pro Polish Bunky recommended to work pretty well. Depending on the pad being used, you will get a little correction with Pro Polish as well.

512detail
05-07-2018, 01:39 PM
pro polish has chemical abrasives in it, but would be fine for your purpose

sounds like you may be looking for Pinnacle Paintwork Cleansing Lotion or similar..or a bottle of Gyeon Prep/similar would remove prev waxes

edit: you could also use poorboys white diamond or black hole depending on your paint color then top that with a wax but I`m not sure how good the cleaners would be at removing the previous waxes

mc2hill
05-07-2018, 02:29 PM
I use Adam`s Revive Hand Polish as a paint cleaner on dark colors. No abrasives, but it is good for some light cleaning duties (removing rubber marks left from some clay sponges). For `show` cars I also use Adam`s Brilliant Glaze before applying the wax. It will do some minor filling, but will add some depth to the finish too. Works great on glass and chrome too. The Glaze also has some solvents in it, so it works will for cleaning vinyl stripes.

JustJesus
05-07-2018, 03:54 PM
pro polish has chemical [cleaners] in it, but would be fine for your purpose

I corrected that for you. :)

Another vote for Pro Polish. Good stuff, easy to use, and is pad dependent. You can do correction, polish, or straight cleaning, depending on pad choice!

512detail
05-07-2018, 04:07 PM
I corrected that for you. :)

Another vote for Pro Polish. Good stuff, easy to use, and is pad dependent. You can do correction, polish, or straight cleaning, depending on pad choice!

oh thanks. I always thought it was light abrasive. works great on plastic for me like headlights. that`s some good cleaning! it has my vote too

Bert
05-07-2018, 07:23 PM
Zaino AIO is the only Zaino product I still use. It works as a wonderful finish polish, cleans well and as an AIO, has great durability. ZAIO topped with FK1000P lasts a LONG time and looks great. Would like to find something to replace it with since I hate paying for shipping for a single item. Maybe Poorboys Pro Polish based on posts in this thread?

512detail
05-07-2018, 07:27 PM
Zaino AIO is the only Zaino product I still use. It works as a wonderful finish polish, cleans well and as an AIO, has great durability. ZAIO topped with FK1000P lasts a LONG time and looks great. Would like to find something to replace it with since I hate paying for shipping for a single item. Maybe Poorboys Pro Polish based on posts in this thread?

Well you missed a free shipping no minimum sale Saturday :). 15% off too

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

01GreyStangGT
05-07-2018, 09:41 PM
Blackfire Gloss Enhancing Polish

glfnaz
05-07-2018, 09:55 PM
I like Gyeon Prep. Very simple to use.

JustJesus
05-08-2018, 11:08 AM
oh thanks. I always thought it was light abrasive. works great on plastic for me like headlights. that`s some good cleaning! it has my vote too

SOOOO many uses for that polish! I`ve also used it for removing stubborn water spots (hard municipal water) from my vehicle`s side glass.

Blackfire Gloss Enhancing Polish

Now known as Blackfire Paint Cleaner