PDA

View Full Version : Plastidip for road trip protection??

TheMeanGreen
05-05-2018, 09:44 PM
Any one thought of this? Much more attractive than painters tape, maybe woks in a pinch instead of a regular bra and PPF.

Coleroad
05-06-2018, 10:49 AM
They do have clear plastidip too.

Accumulator
05-06-2018, 12:15 PM
I guess it`s just me, but I couldn`t enjoy taking a roadtrip with some unsightly chip protection on the car; it`d be as bad as taking the car when it`s in need of a detail. Guess the resulting chips just don`t bother me as much as they do some people.

HCF
05-06-2018, 12:43 PM
Roadwrap from amazon. Works good.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

rlmccarty2000
05-06-2018, 01:27 PM
I’ll let the chips fall where they may. Then cover them with DR. Colorchip.

TheMeanGreen
05-06-2018, 05:09 PM
Roadwrap from amazon. Works good.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

This looks super promising, thanks.

Other`s: I find that I somewhat detest rock chips from long road trips, especially on higher mileage cars where preservation is the goal over perfection. I would rather have a swirled bumper than one full of rock chips. As far as the color is concerned, anything visually more appealing than my usual blue painters tape. However, this road trip consists of different weather climates which painters tape doesn`t cope well with.

JSFM35X
05-06-2018, 06:53 PM
If your honestly that ocd with rock chips just don’t install paint protection film and live your life. I could see if you purchased a car many states away and wanted to get it home to clean and install ppf but not otnerwise.

I did around 1000 miles in 4 days in a low sports car with PPf. No issues.

Going a longer one this summer.

Enjoy your toys and chip happens :)