PDA

View Full Version : Meguiars #26 question?

tsx2004
07-04-2006, 05:22 PM
Hi all,

First of all I would like to wish everyone a safe Happy 4th of July.

I am running out of S100 and I plan to try another product. S100 is a good carnuaba wax but since im running out, i plan to try another product.

Now I heard before and correct me if im wrong, that Meguiars products have cleaners on them. The reason why I ask is that I plan to purchase the Liquid Megs. #26. I can get it anywhere specially at the local pep boys or autozone stores. Its pretty cheap and I heard good news about it.

I plan to wash my car and add another layer of carnuaba wax. It should provide some protection for a while and after that, i plan to do a full detail of my car again.

I plan to use the megs. #26 as my carnuaba wax and see if I get good experience with it. I want to use it with my 4Star UPP when I do a full detail and if the product has cleaners, its a big no no no, since it will definitely take off my sealant.

Well everyone, all of you OCD peeps, let me know.

TSX2004

Charlesw, clean-dean, holland_patrick, poorboys, GSRstylesz, jingerbreadman, and more hope you are all doing well.

mg031
07-04-2006, 05:26 PM
Meguiars #26 does not have any cleaners(at least i don`t think). I have the paste version. It is a pure wax that you can top off the 4Star UPP that you have with no problems.

GregCavi
07-04-2006, 07:07 PM
Happy 4th To you to!! The #26 will be fine over the UPP. I used to have a jar but lost it somehow lol. It will give you a really warm deep look.

ENJOY!

Greg

budman3
07-04-2006, 07:38 PM
Ya it works pretty good and smells like bananas. Just don`t get any on the trim of your car because it will stain.

DWK5150
07-05-2006, 09:26 AM
Yeah its works pretty good but I found for me it seems to be the best for red.

Edwa
07-06-2006, 10:28 AM
IMO, #26 looks great on reds and dark blues. I stopped using it mainly because of its lack of durability.

You may want to try and get your hands on some left over #16??

If you want to stay with the Meg`s line....I think that ColorX is an over-looked product. It has good cleaning and hiding ability. Lately I have been using Poorboys EX as my one-stepper, quickie wax.

justin30513
07-07-2006, 10:28 AM
I use #26 about 10 times a week on customer`s vehicles. Looks good on about all colors and give a nice slick feel (customers love to touch their new wax jobs!). Lasts about 5 weeks with me washing them.
There are no cleaners in it so you can use it in any combo you wish as a topper.
Make sure you put it on thin and let dry completely.
Oh yeah....don`t get it on your trim. Treat your trim first to keep it from staining if you don`t tape it up.

Mad iX
07-10-2006, 08:25 PM
#26 I find darkens the paint a little so it`s good on darker colors and red.
Not the easiest product to use but durability was pretty good when I last used it which was a while back now.