PDA

View Full Version : Few more mods on the GTO. Turned up the power!!!

Pages : [1] 2

Justins00ss
04-01-2018, 06:29 AM
So I had been contemplating turning up the power on my D1SC procharged GTO for a while now knowing that the tune and setup was really conservative. After my last visit over to Slowhawk performance to detail a client`s vehicle we discussed some things along with getting some maintenance done. So the appointment was made and the car was dropped off when I picked up his 79 TA (see other thread)

The plan was to do the following.

New BTR dual valve springs and seals since mine had about 40k since last being changed out. And I had suspected a bad seal or two. Turns out I was right about it.

New clutch master cylinder

Change out the blower oil since it`s a self contained unit and should be changed every 15k or so.

Swapped out the 3.85 pulley to a 3.55 to pick up some boost.

Added a second Methanol line/nozzle to help aid in keeping detenoation out.

Re-tune.

So the car would make 580 on a warm day and roughly 600whp on cool day. On 10lbs of boost

Well now the car laid down 685rwhp!!!! On 14lbs of boost! And that`s on a heart breaker Mustang Dyno. Which tends to read 10/12% lower than a dynojet.

Bring on the nice weather and track !!!!!

SgtMajUSMC
04-01-2018, 06:56 AM
Awesome!

Only one place local to get meth. Last time I went to get a gallon they informed me they only sell it in five gallon increments now. Fine, I will pay for five, you write on the receipt you owe me four more gallons, sign my receipt and put a note on my acct in the computer and I’ll come back four times. Dude simply was flabbergasted. Like he couldn’t wrap his head around it.

Justins00ss
04-01-2018, 07:04 AM
Awesome!

Only one place local to get meth. Last time I went to get a gallon they informed me they only sell it in five gallon increments now. Fine, I will pay for five, you write on the receipt you owe me four more gallons, sign my receipt and put a note on my acct in the computer and I’ll come back four times. Dude simply was flabbergasted. Like he couldn’t wrap his head around it.

Haha. Yeah my guy has it in 55gal drums. I run a 4gal cell in my trunk. I just go and bring a couple 1 gal jugs and fill them.

Civicclutch
04-01-2018, 07:18 AM
At least you guys legally smoke the meth
Most smoke it to get a high that blackens teeth

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SgtMajUSMC
04-01-2018, 07:32 AM
I have a spring story too. Traded an 05 GTO for my first Vette. GTO had 10k miles on a very thumpy cam. I left a note in the glove box with all the mods it had to include that the springs would need to be checked at around the 22k mike mark. About six months go by and I get an email from a shop asking to call them. Car had 40k miles on it and a blown motor. Shop just wanted the cam specs.

Sizzle Chest
04-01-2018, 10:08 AM
Nice! Mo Powa! Keep us posted when the weather warms up and you can drive it/take it to the track! Better budget for some more rear tires! LOL

Justins00ss
04-01-2018, 10:24 AM
Nice! Mo Powa! Keep us posted when the weather warms up and you can drive it/take it to the track! Better budget for some more rear tires! LOL

Absolutely. Going to try to go April 14th weather pending. Already have new rubber coming and a spare set of rear wheels. These Hoosier QTP bias ply`s are just way too soft for street use with a IRS.

So they are going to be for track only. Ordered and new set of matching rear wheels and Mickey Thompson drag radials for street cruising. Even though a drag radial isn`t optimal for a stick shift IRS car. But for cruising etc they will be fine.

MattPersman
04-01-2018, 11:05 AM
Haha. Yeah my guy has it in 55gal drums. I run a 4gal cell in my trunk. I just go and bring a couple 1 gal jugs and fill them.

4 gallon tank of meth. Wow that’s quite a lot ! I used to just buy cart Fulls of yellow heet lol

Only problem I ever had on it, it was a snow performance kit and after about 3-4 years it started leaking at the reservoir and I’m glad I caught it before trying to run it that day or it would have been a disaster

Justins00ss
04-02-2018, 06:34 AM
4 gallon tank of meth. Wow that’s quite a lot ! I used to just buy cart Fulls of yellow heet lol

Only problem I ever had on it, it was a snow performance kit and after about 3-4 years it started leaking at the reservoir and I’m glad I caught it before trying to run it that day or it would have been a disaster

Haha!

Yeah the snow kits have been known to have some reliability issues. Mainly the controllers failing.

nickclark08
04-02-2018, 11:23 AM
So, uh, you got any sound clips you wanna share? :)

Justins00ss
04-02-2018, 04:33 PM
So, uh, you got any sound clips you wanna share? :)

There was a Dyno video. But it`s only on Facebook. Here`s the link.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1900251976671880&id=180981858598909

nickclark08
04-02-2018, 07:27 PM
Sounds MEAN. I like the idle

Accumulator
04-03-2018, 01:20 PM
Does Methanol still burn with an invisible flame or have they added something to it for a visual cue?

Eh, I`m [mature ;) ] and risk-averse, wouldn`t have it in the vehicle lest I suffer horribly when that impossible situation happens after all.

If I`m missing something, somebody please school me...

Justins00ss
04-03-2018, 06:30 PM
Does Methanol still burn with an invisible flame or have they added something to it for a visual cue?

Eh, I`m [mature ;) ] and risk-averse, wouldn`t have it in the vehicle lest I suffer horribly when that impossible situation happens after all.

If I`m missing something, somebody please school me...

No more risky than having a 18 gallon fuel tank!

rottenII
04-03-2018, 06:38 PM
I`m running methanol also. Like Justin, I figure my gallon tank of meth is not gonna hurt me any worse than the 93 octane bomb in the rear tanks.