PDA

View Full Version : Aquapel users I need a little advice

Fishroes
03-22-2018, 07:03 PM
Trying aquapel for the first time. The directions say to clean glass (Invisible Glass is what I use) and apply. Wonder if it would be ok to clean then clay then clean again, then apply aquapel. Just want to get the glass as clean as possible I usually use Meguiars qd when I Clay but I kinda feel I should use something else other than a qd for the lube. Any thoughts

Coleroad
03-22-2018, 07:07 PM
Yes, you can clean, clay, clean, and apply aquapel. In fact I would encourage that procedure for the reason you stated, starting with a truly clean surface. The meguiar`s QD is just fine, I`ve done it this way many times with good results.

Fishroes
03-22-2018, 07:21 PM
Thanks coleroad. I wasn’t sure if megs qd had anything in it that would cause the aquapel to not work like it should So does the aquapel work good and last for 6 months like they claim?

Coleroad
03-22-2018, 07:26 PM
Six months on the weekend cars I`ve had. Not close to that on the daily drivers. Those I reapply at least monthly to keep it working optimally. It will vary just like how long a certain paint sealant lasts. Depends on environment how the cars stored , etc.

Coleroad
03-22-2018, 07:30 PM
There are glass coatings that last a year or more. They are along the same line as paint coatings. Me I don`t mind applying aquapel, or rainX often. It`s easy and cheap enough.

JSFM35X
03-22-2018, 07:45 PM
That’s fine.

dschribs
03-23-2018, 07:18 AM
I use Aquapel as well. I dont see a problem using clay on the glass as long as it`s cleaned afterwards. I usually hit the glass w CarPro Eraser prior to applying the Aquapel.

I honestly don`t think the stuff gets enough love here. It`s easy to use, very reasonably priced, not finicky in terms of application and it really does work pretty well.

Fishroes
03-23-2018, 08:06 AM
Great info. Thanks guys