PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Portugal

Pages : [1] 2

David D
02-27-2018, 10:57 PM
Hello, I`m David, and I`ve always liked detail, as a hobby, nowadays, a bit more seriously, whether it`s in my car or motorbike, or family and friends.
Of machines i really like Rupes of whom I have the most of their electric machines Duetto, Mini, 15MK2, 21MK2, Mille and since yesterday LH19E. I also have a nano ibrid long neck.
I still have 2 other dual action machines from Kestrel and a Rotary.
I really like Rupes compounds, but I also really appreciate and use Chemical Guys products, from shampoos to polishing compounds glaze and sealants to other brands like Menzerna.
Decided to register to the forum, to exchange ideas and learn more about detail.

Greetings

Stokdgs
02-27-2018, 11:47 PM
Welcome David D from Portugal !
Happy you are here !
Impressive group of machines you have - and you also have their new LH19E Rotary !!! Now we are talking !!! :)
See you around the Campus..
Dan F

David D
02-27-2018, 11:49 PM
- and you also have their new LH19E Rotary !!! Now we are talking !!! :)

Now i need to find the time to test it. But it seems an amazing machine, lite but powerful.

Stokdgs
02-28-2018, 12:01 AM
Now i need to find the time to test it. But it seems an amazing machine, lite but powerful.

I am sure it is very well balanced like all the Rupes machines are, from what I hear from my great friends on this Forum..
It only seems to allow 2 backing plate sizes, none smaller than 4.9 I believe...

Assume they must want users to use the other Rupes smaller machines with smaller backing plates??

I only use 1 machine with multiple backing plates and a spacer; a Makita 9237 Rotary..
Dan F

IXLRS
02-28-2018, 12:21 AM
Welcome David!

David D
02-28-2018, 12:25 AM
Thanks IXLRS

David D
02-28-2018, 12:31 AM
It only seems to allow 2 backing plate sizes, none smaller than 4.9 I believe...

Assume they must want users to use the other Rupes smaller machines with smaller backing plates??

I only use 1 machine with multiple backing plates and a spacer; a Makita 9237 Rotary..
Dan F
Yes i think it only has 2 sizes of backing plates but i´m sure that other sizes from Rupes or not will work well in it.

I usually use DA because it Works well with great finish and safer. But this Rotary i think it´s easier to operate, and for what i´ve seen in vídeos leaves a much better finish than older rotary machines.

Stokdgs
02-28-2018, 12:51 AM
Yes i think it only has 2 sizes of backing plates but i´m sure that other sizes from Rupes or not will work well in it.

I usually use DA because it Works well with great finish and safer. But this Rotary i think it´s easier to operate, and for what i´ve seen in vídeos leaves a much better finish than older rotary machines.

I don`t think any Rotary will leave a better finish than another one - it`s really all in the technique the man behind it uses..

There is no doubt that a really nice machine like the LH19E is probably going to be easier to use; it looks lighter, so smaller motor, less weight, probably both backing plates are balanced for it, etc., so that will have to be nice..

Compare that to my 10 LB long, big motor Makita with no backing plate or pad on it, and yes, there will be a difference.. :)
But I like that weight and use it to my advantage; and the great workout gives me even better upper body strength..

Good luck with it
Dan F

David D
02-28-2018, 01:30 AM
- it`s really all in the technique the man behind it uses..

I agree, and need more practice with Rotary, that´s the reason for the purchase of LH19e.

SWETM
02-28-2018, 05:29 AM
Welcome!

Setec Astronomy
02-28-2018, 07:17 AM
Bom dia!

nickclark08
02-28-2018, 01:02 PM
Welcome aboard!

David D
02-28-2018, 07:35 PM
Welcome aboard!