PDA

View Full Version : Name the products that you buy again and again, and why

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

WaxAddict
02-24-2018, 10:37 AM
Clay is a good example of something I buy often, but I change brands often as well. Same with waterless wash - buying what`s on sale. I`m always buying wax and QD because I`m an addict. But brand specific items... for me:

Poorboys Spray & Wipe (it just works. I get anxious when I run low!)
CarPro Eraser (kind of a luxury item, but Nothing removes polish better, and is safer and more pleasant than IPA)
ONR (cost-effective champ of a dozen uses)

Funny, if you look at my list, they all serve very similar and overlapping purposes. Time to rethink my Cart?

512detail
02-24-2018, 10:43 AM
anything that starts with Poorboys and ends with World :) you can actually find Spray and Wipe in every room of my house, no kidding

I also like the majority of the Polish Angel Line (and have started to collect the 500ml bottles as my 200mls run out)

besides PB, for polishing the only products I have purchased more than one bottle of are:
cutting: The Last Cut
finishing: PA Final Finish

SWETM
02-24-2018, 11:22 AM
Carpro reset will always be in my arsenal.
Angelwax QED I will by again because it`s a great cleaner and lubrication. But most for the looks on my silver metallic car. It looks almost as a carnuaba wax as it has a little darkening effect and gloss. And can be easy used as drying aid and a final wipe down after washing. The longevity is good also and a dry application get you easy 6-8 weeks.

showbbq
02-24-2018, 11:35 AM
Microfiber towels of all shapes and sizes. WW ones are especially useful around the house. Ceramic coatings are also fun to play with but I`ll live vicariously through budgetplan and others.

Coleroad
02-24-2018, 11:55 AM
For me both 303 aerospace, and fabric protectant I will probably always have on hand. With the aerospace I don`t seem to have cracked vacuum hoses, brake lines, or rubber seals. The other would be purple power auto and boat wash concentrate. It`s my go to road film remover. I would say my soft99 fusso coat, but the one can will still last me years. I did just order pinnacle souveran paste wax. To use as a topper for the fusso coat. Hopefully this will give some added gloss. Other products I`ve continued to try different ones.

Nizmo
02-24-2018, 01:52 PM
Meguiars Hyper-Wash. I`ve tried all kinds of soap, but it just seems to be what works best for me and the less than stellar city water.

Poorboy`s Bug Squash. Don`t know how I lived without this product. Excellent for those summer bugs and also works well as a whole pre-wash on a nasty vehicle.

TroyScherer
02-24-2018, 01:59 PM
This list got a lot larger than I anticipated.

Meg’s HyperWash - it’s simply works. Cleans well, rinse clean, cheap
Meg’s QID - I have found this to be a great regular interior wipe down product.
ONR - It’s the original and still sets the bar as far as I’m concerned.
Opti Car Wax - Quick easy and works well on top of OptixCoat.
Opti Leather Protectant - I like this for wiping down leather and has a decent leather’ish scent.
CarPro Reload - I have always had great looks, application, decent durability.
CarPro IronX - One of the original that really popularized this type of demon and still one of the best iron removers.
Sonus Trim Kote - A not very often talked about hidden gem and my secret in my engine detailing for my cars.
Sonus Ultra Fine Clay - Super fine and almost no marring on soft Honda paint. While I like the new towels and blocks some times I just like using clay.
Amazing Rolloff - Not sure why but still one of my best cleaners. I even use this around the exterior of the house.
3D Towel Kleen - Good cleaning at a decent price. But I have picked up some PB cleaner now and it do like it.
Ultima Waterless Wash Plus+ - One of the best waterless washesand it works for so many different things. I buy it by the gallon.

FinishKare 425 - My long time favorite QD.
Klasse AIO - A long time favorite that is always in my cabinet for chemical cleaning and protection. Works great for interior glass at times or just to clean and gloss up paint.
Sonax BSD - Not really a QD I see it as more of a “sealant lite”. Crazy water action.

Accumulator
02-24-2018, 02:22 PM
Eh, not all of mine are "buy again and again" because one purchase can last for many years and I`m 58, so how many times will I order it? But expanding the scope to the stuff I *WILL NOT* be without, period, includes:

Griot`s Car Wash
3D Pink Car Soap
FoamGuns (they do wear out)
BHBs (full-size and for wheels) from Universal Brush
Small BHBs from various vendors
Wheel Woolies (small sizes only)
LC Wool Mitts (small for wheels)
LC Foam-on-stick and various other swabs
Sonus SFX Clay and Glyde Lube
Zep40
3D 50:1 Glass Cleaner
Griot`s Polypropylene Window Wipes
GG PFMs for Glass
FK1000P
Meguiar`s UQW
OCW
1Z or Wurth Gummi Stick
AirWand (it does need replacement parts now and then and I`d hate to dry without it)

Note the above doesn`t include stuff like regular (non-glass) MFs; various vendors sell good ones and I`m not especially brand-loyal. Nor does it include pressure washers, polishers, pads, abrasives, AIOs, Interior QDs or a lot of other stuff because again, I`m flexible and few things impress as per "gotta have specifically *that*". Doesn`t even include my undercar wand because hey, it`s already lasted over 30 years and it doesn`t appear it`ll ever wear out.

rlmccarty2000
02-24-2018, 03:50 PM
Nextzett Glass Cleaner. I’m going to buy the 10 liter container just so I never run out. You can dilute it 6 to 1 but I use it “neat” and get a streak free finish and the bugs don’t have to be scraped off.
CarPro Reset. Does it’s job and leaves nothing behind.

artm3
02-24-2018, 04:29 PM
p21s wheel cleaner
gentle on wheels, needs a little agitation

1z einszett interior cleaner
nice matte finish, nice smell, no residue

PA DETAILER
02-24-2018, 04:34 PM
Beer

Nizmo
02-24-2018, 05:15 PM
Beer

https://i.imgur.com/XIFVDAz.png

Ronkh
02-24-2018, 05:46 PM
Eh, not all of mine are "buy again and again" because one purchase can last for many years and I`m 58, so how many times will I order it? But expanding the scope to the stuff I *WILL NOT* be without, period, includes:

Griot`s Car Wash
3D Pink Car Soap
FoamGuns (they do wear out)
Small BHBs from various vendors
Wheel Woolies (small sizes only)
LC Wool Mitts (small for wheels)
LC Foam-on-stick and various other swabs
Sonus SFX Clay and Glyde Lube
Zep40
3D 50:1 Glass Cleaner
Griot`s Polypropylene Window Wipes
GG PFMs for Glass
FK1000P
Meguiar`s UQW
OCW
1Z or Wurth Gummi Stick
AirWand (it does need replacement parts now and then and I`d hate to dry without it)

Note the above doesn`t include stuff like regular (non-glass) MFs; various vendors sell good ones and I`m not especially brand-loyal. Nor does it include pressure washers, polishers, pads, abrasives, AIOs, Interior QDs or a lot of other stuff because again, I`m flexible and few things impress as per "gotta have specifically *that*". Doesn`t even include my undercar wand because hey, it`s already lasted over 30 years and it doesn`t appear it`ll ever wear out.

Shouldn`t that be

fk1000

Sorry, couldn`t resist

Dan
02-24-2018, 07:31 PM
Gold Class Wash
OCW
ONR
Mothers Tire Cleaner
UWW+
845IW
KAIO

GearHead_1
02-24-2018, 09:09 PM
Sadly one of my favorites is no longer available. I really like BlackFire Crystal Seal. Since the line was updated it has disappeared.

Most every PoorBoys product is a “buy again” product for me.