PDA

View Full Version : Kamikaze Overcoat question

Pages : [1] 2

Ferravette
02-01-2018, 05:09 PM
Hey Guys,

New to the Forum and spent some time this AM reading up on some of your experiences. The Kamikaze Overcoat caught my attention and I wound up ordering it.

At present I have the car (black) coated with WG Uber, and maintain it with Black Label Diamond detailer and booster. Reason for the use of both products as you all know is the Diamond Booster does not have any cleaning properties.

So my question is, does the Overcoat have any cleaning properties? If not I suppose I can use the Overcoat after applying the detailer?

I am currently happy with the Black Label products, but I just want to try something different.

Thank You

Ronkh
02-01-2018, 05:23 PM
No. Overcoat does not clean.

Ferravette
02-01-2018, 06:30 PM
No. Overcoat does not clean.

Thanks. This is how it looks now. I am sure Overcoat will give at least the same shine. What I`m hoping for is longevity.

Mike lambert
02-01-2018, 06:33 PM
Contrary to its claims, after using it for a few years we didn’t find it to last as long as claimed. We prefer polish angel Cosmic spritz or Griot’s best of show for Maintenance.

fly07sti
02-01-2018, 09:29 PM
I love Overcoat. It may not last Crazy long but damn is it easy to use! Especially on black cars. To me it’s like d-156 on Steroids.

BudgetPlan1
02-02-2018, 03:45 AM
Contrary to its claims, after using it for a few years we didn’t find it to last as long as claimed. We prefer polish angel Cosmic spritz or Griot’s best of show for Maintenance.Curious as to the longevity of the PA Cosmic V2 + Cosmic Spritz combo If you`ve tried that.

As for Overcoat, well, I`ve never come near seeing tru longevity as I`ve likely never made it past 2 or 3 weeks without re-application. Guess we`ll (begin) to see as later today gonne do a bare test hood with Overcoat, 22ple VS1 and the recently hyped HydroSilex Recharge.

Have nearly pulled the trigger on PA many times but never seem to be able to close the deal.

Ronkh
02-02-2018, 07:17 AM
Have nearly pulled the trigger on PA many times but never seem to be able to close the deal.

Ya know you want to.......

BudgetPlan1
02-02-2018, 08:15 AM
Like you wouldn`t believe. I think I wanna find a white car to try it on though...still reaching for `Ron-class White Gloss...` Cosmic V2 topped with High Gloss...over and over and over again until my retinas burn. Think I might have an ACC gift certificate sitting around un-used somewhere...

Ya know you want to.......

Ferravette
02-02-2018, 08:33 AM
Thank you. I am always looking for something different. I will put this on my list for my next purchase.

Contrary to its claims, after using it for a few years we didn’t find it to last as long as claimed. We prefer polish angel Cosmic spritz or Griot’s best of show for Maintenance.

Ferravette
02-02-2018, 08:50 AM
Like you wouldn`t believe. I think I wanna find a white car to try it on though...still reaching for `Ron-class White Gloss...` Cosmic V2 topped with High Gloss...over and over and over again until my retinas burn. Think I might have an ACC gift certificate sitting around un-used somewhere...

Hey Budgetplan, thank you for your posts. Until yesterday I thought I was trying way too many products. You make me look like I am going in reverse. I am going to spend some time reading your posts. Keep up the good work. Thanks again.

Mike lambert
02-02-2018, 08:55 AM
The polish angels are holding up well on mother in laws Subaru which is outside 24/7. Going on 6 months with no maintenance and still beads and rods water fine.

BudgetPlan1
02-02-2018, 11:52 AM
Yeah, it`s become a bit of an obsession...kinda running out of coatings that interest me, aside from Polish Angel. I think that when I began ordering things from the UK and Japan that we can`t get here, it raised an eyebrow in the "What the heck are you doing?" kinda way. Fortunately that feeling passed quickly...

Hey Budgetplan, thank you for your posts. Until yesterday I thought I was trying way too many products. You make me look like I am going in reverse. I am going to spend some time reading your posts. Keep up the good work. Thanks again.

Ferravette
02-07-2018, 08:06 PM
Just received and applied the Overcoat. Shine is as good as the black label booster. Bottle is nice , except I wish it was plastic. Hit the car a couple of times, but it was on the glass.
On the bottle is says: `do not use window glass`. What exactly does that mean? I thought it can be used on the winshield etc.

Thanks

glfnaz
02-07-2018, 08:48 PM
I use it on glass. Never had an issue.

Ferravette
02-08-2018, 06:52 PM
Thank You. Just found it weird that they would put that on the bottle.

I use it on glass. Never had an issue.