PDA

View Full Version : The oils / SIO2 sludge

mobiledynamics
01-28-2018, 09:39 AM
Was at my bro-in-laws yesterday and he still had some of the premixed Hydr02 I gave him to use on his car.
Anyhow, it somewhat congugulated - aka, white sludge in the bottle per se.
I`ve seen this sludge myself years ago on Reload bottle, which I stopped using and as it evaporated, it was on the sidewall of the bottle.

Anyhow, couple of notes.

This oily-white sludge does not wash off the bottles. Vinegar soak, apc or even throwing some beans in there to shake and agitate the sidewalls does not remove this sludge. A paper towel wiping on the sprayer hose intake take does not remove this sludge.

For those more into the scientific portion of the detailing, what is this oily-white-smeary hotness that it becomes. Evaporated SIO or more reaction of that and water, etc.

There was a older/recent post about how one noticed increased brake dust attraction due to prolonged/or not use of SIO2 based products. And of if I recall, I might have linked a youtube vid, and another forum member posted he observed same/similar issues.

--

Just for the helluva of it prior to cleaning the bottle, I decided to see what the old Hydr02 would do beater panel - aka, lawn equipment.
Sprayed it out and gunks of whiteish stuff came out. Rinsed heavily, and oily smears remained - even with intense rubbing of a MF post test.

SWETM
01-28-2018, 11:14 AM
I think that the sio2 has cured in the bottle. Has it been very warm where he had the bottle and has the spray nozzle been open so it has evaporate and maybe get air in it? Don`t know if hydro2 has a shorter shelf live when premixed than the concentrate has.

mobiledynamics
01-28-2018, 12:05 PM
Indeed. It`s same/similar to the reload. Go figure as I would have thought the Sio2 concentration in Hydr02 (then again it`s a concentrate) , would be less than Reload.

DBAILEY
01-30-2018, 02:04 PM
I had a prepared quart spray bottle of Hydrofoam do that to me, but I thought that it was extreme cold that did it. It was over that 2.5 week period in early Jan that was crazy cold for NC. I had a white-ish blob about the size of a quarter. It did not want to disperse when shaking the bottle.

A bottle of Nanolex Trim restorer came to me with a giant blob of white stuff on the bottom.