PDA

View Full Version : Gtechniq C2v3

re-tired
01-04-2018, 04:44 PM
Any one out there use this as a dedicated sealant? How do you like it?

Also I see that it says dilute @ 1:2 as a drying aid- any issues with this product?

Need to look @ some things like this cause I am needing to get away from car-pro hydro-2

Thanks

trashmanssd
01-04-2018, 07:27 PM
I use it on top of CSL and i love it. I have not tried it stand alone yet but I love it on top csl.

re-tired
01-04-2018, 08:21 PM
Looked thru the abbreviations and cant find csl

BudgetPlan1
01-04-2018, 08:29 PM
Looked thru the abbreviations and cant find cslhttps://www.autopia-carcare.com/crystal-serum-gtechniq.html#.Wk7UyXNOnqA

re-tired
01-04-2018, 08:56 PM
https://www.autopia-carcare.com/crystal-serum-gtechniq.html#.Wk7UyXNOnqA
Your the man!!!!!!
Thanks

PPLd
01-05-2018, 03:10 AM
Gtechniq C2V3 is a water based paint sealant (stand corrected, my science is bad).
1 spray per panel, spread and lightly wipe with a MF to a high quality finish.
I remember it lasted me like a year on an indoor car.

re-tired
01-05-2018, 02:15 PM
Gtechniq C2V3 is a water based paint sealant (stand corrected, my science is bad).
1 spray per panel, spread and lightly wipe with a MF to a high quality finish.
I remember it lasted me like a year on an indoor car.

Swwet- then I should get @ least 3, maybe 4 out of it on my DD truck!!

DBAILEY
01-05-2018, 02:18 PM
If you prep the paint like you are going to apply a coating with a panel wipe or coating paint polish then it does last a long time as a stand alone sealant. The 8-10 month durability claim is pretty close. If you are applying on top of something else as a topper then it is a crap shoot how long it lasts.

I have a customer with a Infiniti Q37 that had C2v3 last over a year. It was 3 layers and the paint was prepped with M37 Paint Coating Prep polish. He does garage the car at home, but not at work. I had a hard time believing him when he kept telling me that it was beading fine and still looked great until I finally got the car back after about 13 months and it still had pretty strong beading.

I have done several other cars with just C2v3 (including my own over the 2015 winter) and got the similar 8-10 months out of it.

re-tired
01-05-2018, 03:55 PM
Well I ended up getting a bottle
Now I just have to wait till this horrible freezing winter wether goes away- don`t want to coat when the car is cold