PDA

View Full Version : Need a compound with less hazing than Hyper Compound...

Pages : [1] 2 3

LikeaRock
06-29-2006, 10:42 AM
I really dig my Optimum Hyper Compound, it always gives great results, but I`d like to find a compund that leaves less hazing than HC. I`ve tried it via green and yellow Edge pads but even with the green polishing pad it leaves a very light haze behind. I realize compounds will do this, but is there anything that will give me the same result yet without the haze?
I really like what I`ve seen/heard about Menzerna Powergloss and it sounds like it`s exactly what I`m looking for. The few I`m considering are:

Menzerna Powergloss
SSR 2.5
Hi-Temp Extreme Cut Leveler
Optimum Compound

I`m leaning towards Powergloss but I`d like to hear everyone else`s thoughts before I fork out the dough

Thanks,
Dolan

Beemerboy
06-29-2006, 11:12 AM
The SSR 2.5 is one or ask Eric at P&S for there light cut smart system compound its the one I used before SSR line

ZaneO
06-29-2006, 11:18 AM
PG is supposed to be very good, but it`s also supposed to dust pretty badly.

LikeaRock
06-29-2006, 11:46 AM
Dave, How much dust is produced by SSR 2.5? That` one thing I`d like to NOT deal with if possible...

Zane, thanks for the heads up, I`ll definately keep that in mind when I make my final desicion.

Mikeyc
06-29-2006, 11:46 AM
Are you using a rotary or a PC? I can tell you PowerGloss with a PC is HORRIBLE. It`s really too thick a polish to be able to use with the PC.

LikeaRock
06-29-2006, 11:47 AM
Are you using a rotary or a PC? I can tell you PowerGloss with a PC is HORRIBLE. It`s really too thick a polish to be able to use with the PC.
Rotary it is! :)

Beemerboy
06-29-2006, 11:48 AM
Dave, How much dust is produced by SSR 2.5? That` one thing I`d like to NOT deal with if possible...

Zane, thanks for the heads up, I`ll definately keep that in mind when I make my final desicion.

The 2.5 really doesn`t produce any to speak of...you want to come by my place and I`ll show you....also I`m headed for P&S tomorrow sometime and can give you some to try out if you are interested...PM me and we can talk a time

ZaneO
06-29-2006, 01:47 PM
I get a fair amount of dusting from SSR 2.5 (and in some situations hazing, too).

BRUHA
06-30-2006, 10:35 PM
I get a fair amount of dusting from SSR 2.5 (and in some situations hazing, too).

Me too...maybe Im just using too much or have my PC on the wrong speed. Any suggestions?

GregCavi
06-30-2006, 10:46 PM
IMHO no matter what compound you use will have hazing after you are done. To remove it finish witha polishing or finishing pad with Optimum Polish Or MEnzerna FPII.

Greg

Bence
07-01-2006, 10:32 AM
For me the OHC hazes only with a yellow pad. Try slow down your arm speed.

LikeaRock
07-01-2006, 12:40 PM
IMHO no matter what compound you use will have hazing after you are done. To remove it finish witha polishing or finishing pad with Optimum Polish Or MEnzerna FPII.

Greg
I do follow up with a finishing polish, I was just hoping that there would be a compound that wouldn`t leave as much haze. When I remove a scratch on a light colored car I can go straight from OHC and a yellow or green Edge pad straight to Presta Swirl Remover and see a definate improvement. On darker cars I sometimes find myself going to Opt. Polish before PSR, I`m trying to eliminate that if possible...

Woob
07-01-2006, 05:29 PM
Did you try using Optimum Compound with a Polishing pad? Or applying Optimum Polish with the HC to reduce the abrasiveness?

Bence
07-01-2006, 06:47 PM
Dolan, how long do you work it in?

LikeaRock
07-02-2006, 12:24 PM
I usually lay down 2-3 beads per panel, spread it around and work the panel for 1-2 minutes or more when I`m cutting a whole car. For scratches I just work it until the imperfection is gone or as good as I can make it. I`m going to hit my neighbor up today for a detail on his wife`s swirl-o-matic BMW, if I get the job I`ll do some experimenting and see if I can reduce hazing...