PDA

View Full Version : Ultima Paint Guard Plus Questions

pwaug
10-29-2017, 03:33 PM
Ultima Waterless Wash + is my favorite rinseless wash and recently tried Ultima Acrylic Spray Wax as a topper for FK1000 and was very impressed.

Thinking about giving Ultima Paint Guard Plus a try as my LSP because of it`s ease of use.

Curious to see if anyone is using in regularly and how is the durability?

How is the protection from bird bomb and bug guts??

How is it`s self cleaning performance?

JSFM35X
10-29-2017, 05:54 PM
I used it years ago. Decent product. My first application I overapplied and had some streaking. Once I got the hang of it the application was cake. Given what I have used recently I would suggest can coat over upgp.

DaveT435
10-29-2017, 06:01 PM
Ultima Waterless Wash + is my favorite rinseless wash and recently tried Ultima Acrylic Spray Wax as a topper for FK1000 and was very impressed.

Thinking about giving Ultima Paint Guard Plus a try as my LSP because of it`s ease of use.

Curious to see if anyone is using in regularly and how is the durability?

How is the protection from bird bomb and bug guts??

How is it`s self cleaning performance?

I`ve used it, not on a regular basis I switched to coatings. I put it on my mother`s car. It was on there for 18 months and still going pretty good except a couple panels that I had used tar remover on, so I removed it and went with something else. It`s been a while since I used it so it was a different version. I was really impressed with its performance. Especially the self cleaning capabilities and its hydrophobic properties.

RTexasF
10-29-2017, 06:41 PM
Also used it more than once but not recently. It was easily applied and looked super. It did give a "candy coat" look to my Blizzard White Pearl car. It kinda muted the pearl but overall it looked pretty sharp. Too long ago to speak to longevity.