PDA

View Full Version : Rag Company Platinum PLUFFLE Hybrid Weaves

dschribs
10-23-2017, 11:36 AM
I just placed on order w The Rag company for a few more Eagle Edgeless MF`s. They will be my "go to" for rinseless washing from here on in. I already have a few of them and no matter how I wash and dry them they seem to lint on me when I use them as a final buffing towel. But - because they are just SO soft and plush they do seem ideal for rinseless washing. And I won`t have to deal w the lint issue using them that way.

Anyway, since I was already placing an order - I grabbed 6 of their Pluffle`s.

For you guys that have these towels - what are you using them for? I won`t be using them for drying because nothing will replace my PFMs. But I figure because of the "hybrid" of waffle weave and MF material - they might be good for something like a spray detailer or waterless wash.

Is anyone using these for an application other than drying?

TroyScherer
10-23-2017, 11:47 AM
Keep in mind I ahve not used the Griots PFMs so I am not sure if I would like those better than the Pluffle towels.

I have about a dozen of the Pluffle towels. I use them for drying when doing rinseless washing. They work great for me for this and I can use (1) 16x16 for an entire vehicle.

I have used them after regular washes but I find that I like using them after I use my Master Blaster so there is minimal water to dry. If there is to much water then they soak up quickly and then I ahve to keep wringing them out.

mc2hill
10-23-2017, 02:54 PM
I have some similar towels, perhaps the previous version of these. I like them for claying. They remove the `gunk` and dry well too. I have used them for drying a rinseless wash, but I do a damp wipe, so not much water to remove.

BudgetPlan1
10-23-2017, 03:36 PM
Love the Pluffles; use them for drying after wash. Fold in half, hold by edge, toss on good and pull...water gone nicely. Can usually dry entire car wirh 1 20x40, wirh another to touch up missed areas.

Work really well wirh a spritz of sio2 drying aid...apply and buff all at once. Nice stuff.

Migue
10-23-2017, 04:12 PM
I got the 5 pack of the Pluffles months ago, at first I loved them but slowly reduced their use since they lint a bit and when they get soaked, wringing them out doesn`t do much and the towel feels very thin and much less absorbent than a regular MF Towel. At the moment I`m having better results with a $3 towel I got from China which is similar to a "big blue" type towel (high GSM and 2 towels sewn together). I also get similar if not better results using a regular 16 x 16 good GSM(350 and above) damp towel to dry and keep wringing out as needed since they stay plusher while wet than the Pluffles. I doubt I`ll purchase any more pluffles in the future.

dschribs
10-23-2017, 04:31 PM
Im thinking I may try them w spray wax. I wouldn`t be using thrm for drying.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

John U
10-23-2017, 08:41 PM
Im thinking I may try them w spray wax. I wouldn`t be using thrm for drying.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Since I discovered PFM`s my Pluffles are used the same.

dcjredline
10-23-2017, 11:11 PM
Door jambs since getting PFM`s and Twistress

Wing Commander
10-24-2017, 02:11 AM
Door jambs since getting PFM`s and Twistress

I have been convinced the Twistress and PFM`S are the best I can use on a well cared for vehicle that does not have lots of areas to snag on. I still use a waffle weave for jambs and vehicles with lots of snag points.

dschribs
10-30-2017, 09:24 AM
Just an update: I used these MF`s for spray wax this weekend - McKees Extender Spray Wax. One towel to spread the wax - after spraying the towel - and one for removal. Worked great. I really like them.

Billy Jack
10-30-2017, 05:47 PM
I have both the Pluffles and PFM`s in stock. Nothing I`ve tried so far dries as well as the PFM`s, so they`re my go-to. I do like the Pluffles for either QD or Waterless Wash use. They seem to get streak-free results better with less rubbing than towels I have with higher GSM`s, including Eagle Edgeless and WG Edgeless. Also, if I`m using a drying aid, I`ll use the Pluffles to avoid the chance of any drying aid compromising performance of the PFM`s.
I was concerned at first about the low nap suede edges of the Pluffle, but haven`t seen any ill effects.

Bill

WaxManRonnie
10-31-2017, 06:31 AM
I have them and I love them. The Rag Company is the only place, as far as I`m concerned to buy microfiber!

Lonnie
10-31-2017, 11:47 AM
Just to clarify:
The Twistress is a twist loop towel in a 16 x 24" size that can be used for multiple detailing tasks (like, wax removal or glass cleaning, as well as drying) and TRC also sells similar twist loop towel called Twist-n-Shout that is 25 x 36" drying-specific towel, more based on its size than microfiber type.

The Platinum Pluffle is a hybrid plush-waffle weave(hence the name, Pluffle) sold in various sizes for drying.

Which TRC towel type is better suited for drying rinse water from vehicles?? That`s what I would like to know. Seems the Twistress is a "newer" microfiber weave type, and from the responses posted here on this thread topic that the Twistress is better suited for drying AND at a more economical price point than Griot`s Garage PFM drying towels. Just curious, as I am sure other Autopians are as well