PDA

View Full Version : TRC Twistress vs the Griots Garage PFM drying towel

JSFM35X
10-23-2017, 08:31 AM
I had purchased the Twistress drying towels on a 3 for $ 21.00 deal. I posted that I really liked them and I still do. When I posted that I really liked these, many people suggested I try the Griots Garage PFM towels.

I did like the PFM towels as well.

The PFM towels I purchased are 16" x 16" and thicker than the twistress towels. The Twistress are 16" x 24" in side.

Both are excellent, and after one use of the PFM and a few uses of the twistress, I can see why these towels are getting time on the forums.

Both of these are the best drying towels I have ever used. I am going to hold off saying which is better until I get more time with them and see how they wash. I can tell you both are excellent.

boomdone
10-23-2017, 09:14 AM
I had purchased the Twistress drying towels on a 3 for $ 21.00 deal. I posted that I really liked them and I still do. When I posted that I really liked these, many people suggested I try the Griots Garage PFM towels.

I did like the PFM towels as well.

The PFM towels I purchased are 16" x 16" and thicker than the twistress towels. The Twistress are 16" x 24" in side.

Both are excellent, and after one use of the PFM and a few uses of the twistress, I can see why these towels are getting time on the forums.

Both of these are the best drying towels I have ever used. I am going to hold off saying which is better until I get more time with them and see how they wash. I can tell you both are excellent.

I`m in the same boat as you. Bought 3 Twistress towels during the Labor Day sale and have really liked them (much better than WW towels or even their Pluffle towels). I just picked up a couple PFM towels on sale at Pepboys and just used them over the weekend. Agree that they are thicker and I think seem to hold more water than the Twistress. I can do my full size sedan with one 16 x 16 PFM followed by a light pass with a second towel just to clear up any dampness left over from the PFM being saturated toward the end. Really liking these so far.

BadgerRivFan
10-23-2017, 09:59 AM
I also use both the TRC Twistress 16x24 towels and the Griots PFM 16x16 towels for drying. My wash method is strictly rinseless washing inside my storage building/garage. After using both for a while now, I have to give the nod to the Griots PFM`s due to their thickness and size (prefer 16x16 for rinseless washes).

The Twistress towels are very nice, and do not snag as easily (imho) as the PFM`s. If they become available in a 16x16 size I would probably get more as they are a better value than the PFM`s. That said, I am very pleased with the Griots towels and reach for them first when washing...

dcjredline
10-23-2017, 10:00 AM
Well, I have both also. Most times I will reach for the Twistress when drying a car, they dont necessarily do a better job but for the price I will be purchasing more Twistress when the time comes.

jatleson
10-23-2017, 11:05 AM
not sure if it was just my Advanced Auto store - but got PFM 16x16 towels for $3 a piece. I picked up the 2 remaining in my local store. The register was showing them as closeout.

ShakingHorizons
10-23-2017, 01:59 PM
What`s the difference between the Supreme 530 and the PFM?

JSFM35X
10-23-2017, 03:42 PM
9.99/ each at mine. :(

not sure if it was just my Advanced Auto store - but got PFM 16x16 towels for $3 a piece. I picked up the 2 remaining in my local store. The register was showing them as closeout.

mobiledynamics
10-23-2017, 03:50 PM
In terms of just the feel, does one or the other feel *softer* when dry ?

I`m still old school. Even when I use my PFM, I will purposely won`t blow dry my windows or the roof. I will blow the rest of the car, and then Prime my PFM towel by laying it on the roof, doing all the windows and then my finish blotting.