PDA

View Full Version : Basic 2BW Shampoo Recommendations

Pages : [1] 2 3

jatleson
10-19-2017, 09:48 AM
I`ve poked around here and didn`t find a good consolidated thread on this. I`ve finally gone through my Meguiar`s Gold Class and Meguiar`s Ultimate Wash and Wax shampoo`s. I have McKee`s Foaming Shampoo (the green minty stuff) for my foam gun. I`m looking for a good, basic, leave no residue or protection wash. I have waterless/no rinse options covered, but need something for the times when a traditional wash is needed.

I`ve looked Meguiar`s Hyperwash, McKee`s Foaming Wash (already have), and could easily get some Griot`s product. Let`s here the good, basic shampoo`s

Dan
10-19-2017, 10:12 AM
Are you a pro or DIY? I`m DIY and I am tempted by Hyperwash but the fact is I don`t use enough soap in a year to justify it. I just keep buying Gold Class when it goes on sale in late fall at Target. Its usually $3 or 4 for the big bottle if I catch it at the right time. I`ve bought lots in the past but it seems to get a bit watery after sitting. Griots seems to do the same. The Duragloss soap is ok but it just doesn`t cut through grime as well for me. It seems to keep forever though.

nickclark08
10-19-2017, 10:28 AM
I use Poorboys Super Slick and Suds (SSS), I love it. No added anything - just a great clean. Easily rinses off, pretty sun-friendly, and like all PB products, pretty economical to use.

I used Gold Class in the beginning of this rabbit hole, and the SSS was a nice upgrade.

jatleson
10-19-2017, 10:29 AM
I`m a DIY`r, do a couple of cars on the side. I haven`t had issues with product going bad. Had the Meguiar`s Gold Class for a year or two. It got a little thick, but still made nice suds. Gallon storage isn`t a problem. The big bottles stay in the basement when it gets cold.

TroyScherer
10-19-2017, 11:15 AM
I am 3/4 of the way through my 2nd jug of Meg`s Hyperwash. I am a big fan of it; so much so that below is my full review.

Review: Product Review: Meguiar’s D110 Hyper-Wash (https://www.autopia.org/forums/detailing-product-reviews/39158-product-review-meguiar-d110-hyper-wash.html?highlight=)

Some guys are going to like and suggest Griot`s, 3D Pink Soap, CarPro Reset, etc. Really they are all great soaps its just finding the one that works the best for you. I really like CarPro Reset but the cost is hard to swallow if it was my only soap.

Accumulator
10-19-2017, 11:48 AM
Griot`s Car Wash (by the gallon) and/or 3D Pink Car Soap (in the 5-gallon bucket).

PA DETAILER
10-19-2017, 12:28 PM
Megs HYPERWASH.

At 1oz per 5 gallons, it has the best dilution ratio!

mobiledynamics
10-19-2017, 02:07 PM
CarPro Reset, etc. Really they are all great soaps its just finding the one that works the best for you. I really like CarPro Reset but the cost is hard to swallow if it was my only soap.

I temporarily become blind when I do a cart checkout but Reset has been top shelf soap and will be the only soap I ever use (until something else comes along). I`ve been using my older soaps all spring/summer, where the panels just stay clean. It ahhhhh-mazing stuff.

I don`t do the breakout per $ per wash, but u only need like 1 - 1/2 oz of it per bucket.

jaybwitz_MKVR32
10-19-2017, 04:00 PM
Personally, my go to Soaps are Adams Car Shampoo, Carpro Reset, or Gyeon Bathe+. Both Reset and Adams leave nothing behind. I use Bathe+ to add SI02 protection. (My car is coated with CQUK)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike lambert
10-19-2017, 04:41 PM
Griot’s concentrated car wash. In my opinion better than Hyperwash.

The Guz
10-19-2017, 05:27 PM
Griot’s concentrated car wash. In my opinion better than Hyperwash.

I will have to revist this one. I was not impressed with this Griot`s wash when I used it. But that was a few years ago.

Dan
10-19-2017, 05:34 PM
I will have to revist this one. I was not impressed with this Griot`s wash when I used it. But that was a few years ago.
Me too. It`s OK but for the money there is much better stuff.

01GreyStangGT
10-19-2017, 10:23 PM
Reset and Optimum Car Wash.

Bunky
10-20-2017, 05:55 AM
There a a lot of good soaps out there and many have been mentioned. One`s experience is often related to the dilution since it can affect lubricity, suds, and cleaning ability especially those that eyeball amounts added. Water quality is also a factor - some soaps do better in harder water.

jatleson
10-20-2017, 08:04 AM
Thanks for the replies so far. My water is not bad from the tap and I also have a deionization system. So far I`m leaning towards 3D pink, but I`ve got a couple of months to decide. Not many 2 bucket washes left in the Chicago season. Will be switching to rinseless/waterless only for the winter.