PDA

View Full Version : Ceramic Pro Layering...

Pages : [1] 2

BudgetPlan1
10-13-2017, 07:49 AM
Obviously no first hand knowledge but seeing packages offered like:

1 layer of Ceramic Pro 9H and 1 layer of Light
4 layers of Ceramic Pro 9H and 1 Layer of Light
6 layers of Ceramic Pro 9H and 1 Layer of Light
8 layers of Ceramic Pro 9H and 1 Layer of Light

Valid reason for this kinda thing or overkill?

Angus
10-13-2017, 08:10 AM
Overkill... and just silly marketing. A 50ml bottle is only good for 1 complete layer so to do 8 layers would cost????? Yeah I`ll spend my $$$ on a proven winner like EXO + CSL = :)

BudgetPlan1
10-13-2017, 08:29 AM
10 layers + 2 of Lite
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7F0Up58CJs

Looks nice anyway...

RippyD
10-13-2017, 09:00 AM
Without some testing and independent assessment there`s no way to know. For example, do a 50/50 on a hood with one layer and 4 layers on the others side. Have somebody with no knowledge take a look at tell you what they think. Do they see a difference, and which do they think looks better. Would also be pretty easy to test for water sheeting and other effects over a year or so.

Angus
10-13-2017, 09:01 AM
10 layers + 2 of Lite
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7F0Up58CJs

Looks nice anyway...

They did a nice job on the Camero for sure.

Angus
10-13-2017, 09:22 AM
This thread reminded me of TRC video where Yvan Lacroix & Levi Gates talk about when it`s ok to layer vs when multiple layers are just a waste time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3a9CrCQZ8k

Dan
10-13-2017, 09:34 AM
Overkill... and just silly marketing. A 50ml bottle is only good for 1 complete layer so to do 8 layers would cost????? Yeah I`ll spend my $$$ on a proven winner like EXO + CSL = :)

The car no doubt looked great in the end, but how did it look after polishing and in the different lighting (notice they changed areas).

512detail
10-13-2017, 09:54 AM
oh man finally someone starts this thread

thanks

not knocking the guy who can sell someone on this but I have my scientific doubts

I have CSL+EXO and then a lot of PA toppers...I`d take my look over any of these 10 layer coating combos

Dan
10-13-2017, 10:01 AM
not knocking the guy who can sell someone on this but I have my scientific doubts

I think someone that is formulating this stuff and is honest needs to chime in to really know. Does the first layer cure before the next is applied or does the solvent remove the first layer. There is no doubt some product can be layered (KSG for example will fill swirls when layered) but curing time is required. Or someone with a really good PTG.

512detail
10-13-2017, 10:05 AM
I think someone that is formulating this stuff and is honest needs to chime in to really know. Does the first layer cure before the next is applied or does the solvent remove the first layer. There is no doubt some product can be layered (KSG for example will fill swirls when layered) but curing time is required. Or someone with a really good PTG.

good luck

that`d be like getting dual polymer wash people to admit that alien rw and the other ansulary "privately labeled" brands are the same thing... my questions just get deleted on their posts on social media

or like me admitting I have enough Polish Angel products, ha

512detail
10-13-2017, 10:07 AM
I am, however, curious how much they get for these multiple layer jobs and more importantly how quickly do they cure, I think I saw a video and the guy said one hour and you can apply the second layer and so forth and so on.

Dan
10-13-2017, 10:19 AM
I am, however, curious how much they get for these multiple layer jobs and more importantly how quickly do they cure, I think I saw a video and the guy said one hour and you can apply the second layer and so forth and so on.

Cures in 1 hour but don`t get rain on it for 24 hours??? :D

512detail
10-13-2017, 10:24 AM
Cures in 1 hour but don`t get rain on it for 24 hours??? :D

lol, heeeeeyy

Like I tell my friends "I didn`t invent logic, I just choose to exercise it"

Justins00ss
10-13-2017, 10:55 AM
Yeah anything more than 2 layers is overboard and a waste imo. I know IGL coatings all require 2 layers with a 2 hour cure between them.

I can tell you right now those 10 layer jobs with correction have to cost in the area of 3-4k. I know a gentleman who got the gold package which I believe is the 4 layers plus 1 light and it was over 2500 for each vehicle. And this was on his brand new Porsche and c7 corvette.

512detail
10-13-2017, 11:34 AM
dang..well I guess those installers are laughing all the way to the bank then

I cant even sell 2 step and CSL+EXO