PDA

View Full Version : Comfort Dogs

House of Wax
10-06-2017, 07:16 PM
https://www.cbsnews.com/videos/therapy-dogs-serve-as-second-responders-in-las-vegas/?ftag=CNM-00-10aab6g&linkId=43171996

Pretty cool to see this make a bit on national news. We have a few members of our church that are handlers and have some of these dogs that have traveled all over the country helping out. Unfortunately I got to see em at work when my cousin`s 9 year old daughter got diagnosed with leukemia and was gone within 3 weeks. They had one of the dogs at her school for a week and attended the funeral as well. It`s pretty awesome to see people light up for even a brief moment and forget about what`s going when these furry buddies are around.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

LEDetailng
10-07-2017, 05:34 AM
I`m not a dog owner, but I really saw how the dogs worked when we had one brought in after a co-workers death. It is amazing how a dog can bring a smile to your face even at the toughest of times.

Sorry to hear about your cousin`s daughter, that just isn`t fair. I cannot imagine how difficult that was for her, the parents, and family and friends.

dschribs
10-07-2017, 08:58 AM
Very cool. I love dogs more than most people....

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Accumulator
10-07-2017, 11:32 AM
Yeah, nice that the Therapy Dogs are getting more widespread recognition.

I love dogs more than most people....
You and me both.

jrock645
10-07-2017, 11:35 AM
I’ll never quite understand how people can not like dogs.

House of Wax
10-07-2017, 01:02 PM
Very cool. I love dogs more than most people....

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk100%

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

BudgetPlan1
10-07-2017, 02:25 PM
Very cool. I love ANIMALS more than most people....

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Fixed it for ya. That said, mote of a cat person, really. Having something around that is constantly plotting your demise keeps ya on your toes.

Would enjoy having a big, smart Siberian or Alaskan Husky though...absolutely magnificent cteatures.